Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1846 Discussions

Total War Rome 2 - Emperor Edition black screen campaign ARC 750

xdwarfx
Beginner

Hello Intel Team & community,

First i want to say i love playing games with my ARC 750 but unfortunately i have an issue with one of my favourite games Total War Rome 2 - Emperor Edition.

The problem is a random black screen when playing the campaign or prologue on my ARC 750 but the in game cursor & sound stays available.

When did the issue start? After installing ARC 750

What game distribution service do you use to install the game? STEAM

Is there any error message once the game crashes? NO

I have attached the requested files.

Thanks for helping with this.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello xdwarfx,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Based on the issue you report with the Intel ARC 750 and Total War Rome 2. We would like to let you know that we are currently investigating into this matter, and we will proceed to further look into this matter, rest assured that we are working on it. We will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
TheZethy
Beginner

Are there any updates on this? I still encounter the black screen. I did a few tests with the graphics settings. When the game is set to use Ultra for Texture Quality, the initial load into the scene results in a black screen. This happens on both the campaign map and battles. However, sometimes loading a battle map will cause a crash. This happened with the Historical Battles.

When the texture quality has been lowered and I load into the game, the terrain textures flicker or appear to have not fully loaded. Is there a log somewhere that may be of use to you? It has been a few months and several people have mentioned this bug. If there is some way I can help, please let me know.

0 Kudos
Shovon
Beginner

I have the same issue, bought the card to play total war but its stuck in black screen during campaign.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

While they may seem to have the same issue, every user's issue is different. You have different hardware, different O/S or distro, different driver mix, different driver installation order, etc. and etc. In addition, Intel Customer Support wants to track each user's issue to completion separate from that of any other. They can't do that if you are a rider on someone else's issue (or worse, attempting to hijack the conversation completely). Please open your own conversation for your issue, using the Post a Question button in the root page for the forum. Include a full description of your issue, the model of your PC/laptop, etc. in your post. You can include a link back to this conversation if you wish - but please don't say 'I have the same issue' because invariably you don't.

If you want to save time, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows (or Intel System Support Utility for Linux). It will provide more information regarding the architecture of your system and what drivers you have installed. When you start the tool, select Everything, and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, in the description for your issue, use the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your question), upload and attach this text file to the post.

…S

Gabriela_Intel

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for your patience. We are waiting for the fix to be available publicly. We'll follow up again here when the driver with the fix is available.

MishRae
Beginner

Hello Gabriela_Intel,

Curious about what the rough timeline would be for the driver fix? I've tried all the methods listed to no avail. Would it be worth contacting SEGA Support? 

Kind Regards, MishRae

0 Kudos
Gabriela_Intel

Hey @MishRae . Please keep an eye out for our drivers in the coming months. We are anticipating the fix to be available in a future release. I know it's been a long time coming, but please still stick around a bit longer.

0 Kudos