Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1965 Discussions

Turning on Memory Integrity Shows ReBar Turn Off in ARC Control

Yuenight
Novice
Hi Guys

Sorry if this has been posted before but I noticed that when you switch on Memory Integrity feature in Windows Defender that ARC Control shows Rebar as off. When you turn off memory integrity arc control shows Rebar as on.

Do we need to switch Memory Integrity off so that we get the best performance?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Yuenight

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics. I am sorry you are experiencing issues with the Resizable Bar status and the memory integrity feature.

This is an interesting behavior and we would like to gather some of your system information to further check this issue, please create a log with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response.

Also, while having memory integrity on and Resizable Bar showing Off in Intel® Arc™ Control, try to monitor the system using third-party software like GPU-Z to check if this might be just an aesthetic issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

Yuenight
Novice

Sure thing,

I think it might be just an aesthetic issue as GPU-Z seems to show that it is on in both cases so I provide some more screenshots. I hope this helps. (*^_^*)

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Yuenight

Let's try updating the BIOS on your system to the latest version provided by your manufacturer. Once the BIOS has been updated check if the same issue still happens, if it does try the following workaround:

1. Boot into BIOS.
  2. Disable Above 4G Decodin' and Resizable BAR support options.
  3. Disable Secure Virtual Machine (SVM) option.
  4. Save and Exit.
  5. Restart the computer.
  6. Boot into BIOS.
  7. Re-enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable BAR support.
  8. Save and Exit.
  9. Restart the computer.
  10. Boot into Windows and verify if Arc Control reports Resizable BAR as supported.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Yuenight
Novice

Hi Hugo,

Yeah I updated to the latest BIOS and yeah I still got the issue. I then followed the instructions you gave if Secure Virtual Machine (SVM) is off in the BIOS yeah I cant even turn on the Memory Integrity as it need to do the virtualization.   

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Yuenight

Thank you for confirmation. In this case, since it is confirmed the issue is just aesthetic, we would recommend continuing to use the security features from Windows Defender in case you need them as you will not lose performance, but also, we would like to let you know that we are investigating this issue to get resolved in a future driver update, however, there is no estimated time for the fix to be released.

In case you want to check the status of the issue later on you can reference the Bug ID 14018340272.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Yuenight

I see no further questions related to this topic. In this case, we will be closing this thread. Feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos