Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1598 Discussions

Yes to allow on start-up

ATbro
Novice

Every time I restart my computer I have to click Yes to allow Intel Arc Control to start, which is extremely annoying, is there a way to disable this without lowering my account security?

13 Replies
Mascready
Novice

It is annoying...The whole Arc Control is kind of bad. Maybe they are working on a total refresh of the control center ?

0 Kudos
ATbro
Novice

You might be right, just about everything in the software seems like an engineer checking a box without actually considering how it will be used, or if it will be annoying to the end user.

Clicking yes every time you start your computer.

Annoying notifications that you can't dismiss & in a very annoying location.

It takes exclusive control of your main screen instead of just being a normal program in a normal window.

I ran into another bug yesterday where the software just opened itself, but I couldn't close it or click on anything.

Even after I Ctrl Alt Deleted to pull up Task Manager it wouldn't let me click on anything & it displayed overtop of Task Manager somehow, even though I have always on-top turned on in Task Manager.

Just seems like a sloppy does it have this feature check the box type of software, so I hope they fix it.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ATbro,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Intel® Arc™ Control Software.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• Does the issue persist if you try installing the software using different driver versions?
  • Have you experienced again the issue where the  Intel® Arc™ Control opened itself, and you can't close it?
  • If possible, record a video showing step-by-step the errors you describe.
  • Create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU). This report will gather information from your system that will help us troubleshoot your issue.
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

Super stupid reply. This just reveals the fact that you guys intel staff apparently don't even use Arc GPUs on your own computers.

It's such a simple phenomenon called "UAC", "User Account Control" in Windows. Your driver engineers just didn't make it right that it should not trigger UAC to ask for permission because neither Nvidia's driver/interface nor AMD's driver/interface triggers UAC.

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II
You can safely uninstall it and use the IGCC instead, Arc Control just isn't worth the extra resources/overhead, especially with that poor overlay too IMHO.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ATbro,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello ATbro,

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
ATbro
Novice

I uninstalled the Arc Software & everything was working fine but I just got back from a trip & my external displays won't connect. Don't know if they are related but if the problem persists I'll create a new thread. 

You can close this one thank you.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Atbro,

Before closing this thread, I would like to add that this issue has been reported already as a known issue with Arc control. For more information, you can check Known Issues with Intel® Arc™ Control:

"Windows UAC Admin is required to install and launch Arc Control."

Regarding the monitor issue, I would advise you to open a new thread regarding this matter.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

@Jean_Intel  已寫:

this issue has been reported already as a known issue with Arc control. For more information, you can check Known Issues with Intel® Arc™ Control:

"Windows UAC Admin is required to install and launch Arc Control."

In the release note of the latest driver version 4091, this line has been removed from the Known Issues list. However, the problem actually still exists. The Arc Control still triggers UAC when it starts up. Since it has not been fixed, why can you remove it from the known issues list? I just don't understand.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Atbro,

I will now close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

@Suzie1818 You can find the release notes for driver 31.0.101.4091 at the following link:

Thanks to reports from Arc control users, Intel is working to continue improving the tool and give users the best experience. In the following article, you can see the known issues reported:

The Arc control development team is working on this under bug ID 14017065777, and the issue is still under the "Intel® Arc™ Control Known Issues" section, check the image attached.

Please stay tuned for future updates. If you have a question in the future, please open a new thread, and we will be happy to help. 

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

@Jean_Intel 

Thank you for the info. I missed the line when I was looking. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

0 Kudos