Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1966 Discussions

arc a750 Resize Bar problem

Timsir527
Beginner

I am writing to report an issue with the Intel Arc A750 graphics card. When I enable the Resize Bar feature, I experience low GPU usage while playing games such as Apex Legends and Valorant, resulting in low FPS and stuttering. In Apex Legends, the GPU usage is around 70%, while in Valorant it is around 30%.

My computer configuration is as follows:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 4500 MPK
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
  • Memory: UMAX 8GB x 4 (32GB)
  • Storage: UMAX M1300 2TB Gen4 M.2 PCIe x4
  • Graphics Card: Intel A750
  • Power Supply: ASUS ROG Strix 550W
  • Operating System: Windows 11 22H2 (latest update)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Timsir527

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. We are sorry you are experiencing low-performance issues with Valorant and Apex Legends when enabling Resizble Bar on your system.

We want to let you know that we are currently working on performance improvements for Valorant. This issue is being worked on under BUG ID 14017821264. You can reference the Bug ID later on to get an update on the status, at the moment there is no estimated time for these fixes to be released so please look forward to future driver updates. Some users have reported that turning on "Vignette" under the graphics settings can help with stuttering in the game.

As for Apex Legends, we would like to get more information so we can further assist, please share with us the following:

1. Do you get more performance when Resizable BAR is disabled?
  2. Share a short video showing the issue and the in-game graphics settings.
  3. What distribution service was the game downloaded from?
  4. Create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response to get more information on the hardware configuration. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Timsir527
Beginner

this is off  Resize Bar

0 Kudos
Timsir527
Beginner

this is open

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Timsir527

Thank you for sharing these videos with us. We will need to further check this issue with our team since we do see a difference between the GPU activity and fps when Resizable BAR is on or off, however, we are missing the report from the SSU utility as well please let us know what distribution service was the game downloaded from.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Timsir527
Beginner
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Timsir527

Please let's try removing the current driver using Display Driver Uninstaller, once uninstalled download and install the latest driver version 31.0.101.4577 and check if the same issue happens.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Timsir527
Beginner

I reinstalled version 4577 driver, but no improvement

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Timsir527

Thank you for confirming the driver update.

We will check the issue internally, as soon as we have an update we will let you know.

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Timsir527

We want to let you know that we tested this game and were able to see the behavior you reported, at the same time, we want to let you know that we are working on several performance improvements for both Apex Legends and Valorant in partnership with the game developers. There is no estimated timeframe for these updates to come up but it should be soon taking into consideration the popularity of these titles.

We really appreciate you taking the time to report these issues that help improve our products and for sharing your feedback with us.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Timsir527

I see there are no further questions, as mentioned above we are working on important performance updates for Apex Legends and Valorant. Please look forward to future driver updates that should resolve and improve performance problems. We will proceed now to close this thread. If you need further assistance, feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Timsir527

Before closing this thread we just wanted to recommend updating to our latest driver 31.0.101.4676 since we continue to roll out performance improvements for these widely popular titles and please look forward to future updates.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Bandit8623
New Contributor II

Any estimates on this?  i just bought an a770 and am seeing the same issues where the game is not utilizing my gpu much at all in valorant.  coming from a rtx 2070 .  also getting random freezes along with this.  ddu has been done and rebar enabled.

0 Kudos