Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1721 Discussions

intel arc drivers not updating and two other problems

blue_711
Beginner

I have an intel arc A580 GPU in my pc and after 4 months of use, intel arc control is telling me that drivers have timed out and after I click on the notification it takes me to an intel website telling me I don't have the driver update assistant installed. So I reinstall the update assistant and it still cant detect it. Then I reinstall the entire GPU driver and it still wont update.

Then, about halfway through this I got a new motherboard and now the driver is telling me resizable bar is turned off, so then I go to the bios and its turned on, so I turn it off. Restart. Turn it on. Restart. And now it just refuses resizable bar being on altogether.

And finally, the last problem. Sometimes when I switch tabs on my browser or move to the top of the window in many programs, the screen is flickering and showing something similar to tv static. The most interesting thing about this is that this happens everywhere on the screen except for the taskbar.

Can someone help me figure out if my drivers have brain damage or if my GPU is slowly killing itself?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FrancisP_Intel

Hello blue_711,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We understand that you ran into an issue with Intel Arc Control, ReBar configuration, and flickering screen while using your A580 Graphics. We will be addressing the issues appropriately to prevent mixing up the recommendations. 

1. Since this system was working prior to its fourth month, please confirm if you have made any changes to the system whether it be software or hardware changes.
  2. Let us know as well if you happened to uninstall the graphics itself before the issue (Reseating).
  3. Can you show us a screenshot for the issues of "timeout error" and "rebar driver off notification"?
  4. Please share with us a video or photo of the Windows having the "tv-static" like issue.
  5. Have you tried installing the latest driver or uninstalling it to see if the "tv-static" like issue will reoccur?
  6. If you are able to use the system, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and run a complete scan of your system for us to check on its configuration. You may save it as txt file and upload it here as part of your response.

We can't tell as of now if the GPU is degrading or damaged at this point. We'll see where the data will take us.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
blue_711
Beginner

I can confirm I did get a new motherboard about a month ago but that's just the resizable bar problem.

The drivers haven't been updating ever since I first installed them.

I put the files you wanted down below, but I cant always capture a video of the screen flickering because it only does it when I have certain games or apps running. I dealt with reinstalling the drivers for the flickering about a month ago but it wasn't the latest driver.

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello blue_711,

We appreciate your cooperation and the details you've shared. To advance our troubleshooting efforts, we kindly request that you undertake the following steps and report back with your findings:

1. Complete a DDU process and proceed to install the most recent graphics driver, specifically version 31.0.101.5522.

2. Verify the Resizable BAR feature's status within the Arc Control Panel by navigating to the gear icon, selecting 'System info', then 'Hardware', and checking for the 'Resizable Bar Supported' status.

3. Provide the names of any applications or games that seem to cause the screen flickering issue.

4. It is advised to update the BIOS to the latest F28 version. According to your logs, your system is currently on version F22. When performing the BIOS update, it is crucial to incrementally update, moving through each version sequentially.

I'll wait for your response. 

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello Blue_711,

We are following up with you on this thread. I'm reaching out for an update on the information we previously requested. Could you please provide the details at your earliest convenience? This will help us determine the appropriate next steps to resolve the issue at hand.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello blue_711,

As I haven't received a response, I'll be closing this inquiry now. If you require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to submit a new question, as this thread won't be monitored further. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

0 Kudos