Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1673 Discussions

resizeable bar display is not enabled in arc A770 with MAG B550M MORTAR (MS-7C94)

Well404
Beginner

I've read similar threads <https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/I-don-t-understand-this-a-resizeable-bar-problem/m-p/1466755#M2427> and I think this is a similar issue.

I have enabled the corresponding function in the BIOS (in fact, if it is disabled, it will not turn on), and I see that the function is turned on in GPU-Z, but the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant shows that I do not have Resizable BAR enabled.

my use is not affected at this time, but I will be happy to provide more information if you need it

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Well404,

Thank you for the information provided.

We would like to let you know that this is an aesthetic issue, and we are investigating this matter under bug ID 14018340272. Also, JoshJH has already shared our workaround recommendation, and we are glad to hear that the issue disappeared after disabling SVM in the BIOS settings.

To confirm if performance is affected by the SVM feature being disabled, we recommend you contact your motherboard manufacturer for further support. It is important to mention that this is a BIOS setting, and the motherboard manufacturer will determine if disabling this option may affect some customizations in their products.

In order to void duplicate efforts, since this process requires further effort on our part, we are considering closing this case. However, before doing so, we would like to know if you agree with this.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Well404
Beginner

This was originally an html file generated by the Intel Driver & Support Assistant, but I can't upload it directly due to formatting issues, please consider adding additional export format functionality for the Intel®® Driver & Support Assistant

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Well404

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We understand that you are receiving the error message that ReBar is not supported by your BIOS.

Could you try performing a clean driver installation for our latest BETA release, 31.0.101.4148? This will help us check if the issue persists. It is important to mention that BETA releases are for targeted testing.

Also, please provide us with a screenshot of the information shared on the Intel® Arc™ Control Software> system information>Hardware.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Well404
Beginner

I installed the latest beta driver, but it still shows that I don't have BAR turned on, and the GPU-Z display is still turned on, just like the screenshot I provided earlier.

Please let me know if you need more information

0 Kudos
Well404
Beginner

I noticed that I forgot to submit the information in Intel® Arc™ Control Software and will add it now. Since I didn't find how to set the language of the software to English, so I'm sorry to only provide screenshots of Chinese version, hopefully this doesn't cause too much difficulty in understanding.

Also, I added some screenshots of aida64, hope that helps.

0 Kudos
JoshJH
Beginner

If you have SVM enabled in BIOS try turning that off.  It seems to cause issues with the REBAR presentation.

0 Kudos
Well404
Beginner

Indeed, after I tried to turn off SVM, REBAR showed that it was enabled, but I don’t quite understand why it would cause such a result.

Will enabling SVM affect the actual performance? If it’s just a display error, I would prefer to keep it on.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Well404,

Thank you for the information provided.

We would like to let you know that this is an aesthetic issue, and we are investigating this matter under bug ID 14018340272. Also, JoshJH has already shared our workaround recommendation, and we are glad to hear that the issue disappeared after disabling SVM in the BIOS settings.

To confirm if performance is affected by the SVM feature being disabled, we recommend you contact your motherboard manufacturer for further support. It is important to mention that this is a BIOS setting, and the motherboard manufacturer will determine if disabling this option may affect some customizations in their products.

In order to void duplicate efforts, since this process requires further effort on our part, we are considering closing this case. However, before doing so, we would like to know if you agree with this.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Well404
Beginner

Thank you for your reply and your efforts to investigate this issue. I agree with closing this case for now.

However, I need SVM to enable WSL for machine learning purposes, so I cannot turn it off. Is there any other way to fix this issue?

I hope you can find a solution soon, as I would like to enjoy the full performance of my Intel® Arc™ Graphics card.

Thank you for your support and attention.

0 Kudos
fludzone
Beginner

It doesn't seem to actually affect performance, the best I can tell.  As long as GPU-Z shows Resizeable BAR as enabled, you should be getting full performance.  The Intel Arc Control panel misrepresentation of Resizable BAR status only seems to be an annoyance / cosmetic issue, at least the best I can tell with the benchmarks an games I have been running.  Intel needs to just update their detection method for their Arc Control panel.

I know they have a lot of bugs to get through, but this seems to be low-hanging fruit.  Please fix this already, especially with the messaging your marketing team was putting out with Resizable BAR being required for full performance.  I suspect a lot of RMAs are being generated for this erroneous status, and fixing this very minor issue should be fairly easy since GPU-Z seems to detect it correctly.  It is probably something as easy as detecting the address space allotted to the graphics (i.e. "Large Memory Range" when viewed in Device Manager).

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Well404,

Thanks for the information provided,

For now, the only workaround is disabling SVM; however, as we mentioned earlier, this is a cosmetic issue and should not affect performance. 

Also, since you are planning on using WSL, it is important to mention that Intel® Arc A-Series doesn't support virtualization technologies, and your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics (16GB) may not work with WLS. For more information, you can check the article Graphics Virtualization Technologies Support for Each Intel® Graphics Family

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Well404,

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos