Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1802 Discussions

whole computer Crash/freeze INTEL ARC 770 LE

Houolu
Beginner

Hi there ! I will need some help please

Sometimes when i launch a game or rarely while chilling on youtube, my computer just freeze, screen too, sound too (still "playing but blocked) and i have to restart my computer with the button.

I have an intel i7 12700kf

Intel arc770

16gb ram 3200 (with xmp profile off)

Asrock extreme z690 bios up to date

650w b+ Psu 

windows 10 on a sdd

and an hdd

what i have already tried :

changing drivers (until february tried beta and normal)

reseating the card from the mobo

adding a second pcie cable to be more stable

trying different hdmi/dp cable

deactivating hardware acceleration from discord and my opera (I don't have it on windows, i don't understand why) 

Above 4g enable

Cam (rebar) enable
Every aspm disable
Virtualisation disable (actually trying with it enable)

Csm disable

scanning windows with sfc scannow 
did a stress test (with furmark) I didnt get the crash (so probably not a hardware prob)
did a psu test to see, but still nothing
fast boost from windows deactivated, with secure boot too

temp is always good 

tried windows 11 and 10 (and a fresh new one)

Thank to you if you are trying to help me, i'm a bit lost rn

Best regards,

A problematic user 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Houolu

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing freezes and hangs issues on your system with Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics.

I see that you have tried reinstalling the latest available drivers. Let's try to do a reinstallation but using Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the current driver, once uninstalled try driver version 31.0.101.4314 if the issue persists with that one, let's also test 31.0.101.4255.

If the issue continues to happen, please share with us the following information:

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Houolu
Beginner

Hi Hugo

Thank you for your answer, and searching to help me,

I'm sending you the logs that you asked,

for each new drivers that came out, I ddu before installing the new one on my system.

I'd already tried the 4255, but I will retry it to see if I get more stability 

Sincerely Houolu.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Houolu

Thank you for the information. Let us know if that older version of the driver makes any difference.

Based on the log file that you shared with us, please let's try updating the BIOS to the latest version available on the motherboard manufacturer's website. The latest version seems to be 13.02, once the BIOS has been updated, reset the BIOS settings to defaults.

Could you please also let us know some of the games that trigger this issue?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Houolu
Beginner

Hi there Hugo

I've installed 4255 driver and i'm trying it on the games, i will keep you informed the nexts few days

The principal games when the crash happens was final fantasy 14 online, and monster hunter world, elden ring

and some others but not as much as them (like Drone racing simulator)

Idk if it's linked so i didn't not this at first, but some time when i try to boot my computer, i got an error bios beep (5 bips)

my computer restart, and boot like nothing happend, but i need to go to the bios cause CSM got enabled, so i need to disable it each time i got thoses beeps, after i can let it launch to windows like normal

Does Intel could know something about this issue ? 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Houolu

After testing driver 31.0.101.4255 and sharing with us the results, you might also want to test our latest WHQL driver release version 31.0.101.4369, and test if the issue happens on that one.

As for the other issue you mentioned when booting the system up. Based on the Asrock website 5 beeps refer to the GPU not being recognized at boot. I would recommend reseating the GOU to the PCIE slot and pushing into the slot until you hear a "click" sound to make sure that is properly installed, also checking that the power connectors from PSU to GPU are properly connected as well as testing different video cables even though I see in the original post you already try different cables maybe checking if it happens only on HDMI or DP connection. However, if the issue persists it will be better to open a new thread to further investigate the issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Houolu
Beginner
Hi there

Sadly, the 4255 driver didnt fixed it.
But i finally got a reaction of my computer during the black screen, he reboot himself so i've got an error in the event viewer, whea-logger, telling that it's an hardware problem, unrecoverable

I've check my ssd hdd with crystal disk
Checked memory with memtest
But got nothing, that let gpu, psu, cpu, or mobo beeing faulty
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Houolu

In this case, we would like to analyze the dump files that you can find at C:\Windows\minidump, go to the folder, and create a copy of them only right after a crash has occurred to make sure it gets recorded on the dump files once you have the files attach them to your response. These files might help us to know what is the hardware causing the crashes

Also, could you please confirm to us if you were able to test driver 31.0.101.4369?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Houolu

Please share with us the information requested in our previous posts so we can further assist with this issue.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Houolu
Beginner

Hi there, sorry fot the time i took to answer,

i've tried to do an other benchmark to test after a psu test,

and instant on the launch of the benchmark, i've got the crash.

I've test in the games too the new driver, and still getting it

For the minidump file, I have only one that is here from a mounth ago that doesnt linked to one of my crashes, but i don't have any others one here so i'm sharing it anyway

I'm also trying a 1050TI, it's already 2 day without crash, still trying in the big games and with the psu and benchmark test

idk if you accept rar files, the dump wouldn't send, a error frome the forum did not accept it 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Houolu

You can check that the configurations to record minidump files are set following the Microsoft guide at the following link:

Configure the dump type. It is important to make sure we have a current file that gets generated right after a crash or hang so we can check what is causing the issue, however, I also see that you are testing an Nvidia Gtx1050 and there were no crashes at the time of your last post, so if you have difficulties getting the updated minidump files, let us know if you continued to test the Nvidia GPU and if the issue happened or not.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Houolu

Were you able to check our previous post? Please share with us the information requested.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Houolu

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread. At this point, our advice will be that you contact us directly so we can evaluate all possible remaining options as well as a warranty replacement if needed. Please note the thread will no longer be monitored. feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos