Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

ACU Configurator, Category: Exit: ***********Exit with code 32. Details

Bob_H_3
Beginner
I'm setting up SCS with Remotly configuration. Now I want to configure a client but get the following error. I didn't have installed a PKI cert, don't know if that is the issue. 2014-09-23 09:10:20:(INFO) : ACU Configurator , Category: HandleOutPut: Starting log 2014-09-23 09:10:20 2014-09-23 09:10:41:(INFO) : ACU Configurator, Category: -ConfigViaRCSOnly-: :Starting Remote configuration... 2014-09-23 09:11:08:(WARN) : ACU.dll, Category: Remote Profile Configuration: Intel(R) AMT Operation completed with warnings: A Soap Fault occurred. Failed while calling WS-Management call SetKVMSettings (IPS_KVMRedirectionSettingData.Put): A SOAP FAULT was received. : FaultSubCode: e:AccessDenied 2014-09-23 09:11:08:(WARN) : ACU Configurator, Category: Exit: ***********Exit with code 32. Details: Intel(R) AMT Operation completed with warnings: A Soap Fault occurred. Failed while calling WS-Management call SetKVMSettings (IPS_KVMRedirectionSettingData.Put): A SOAP FAULT was received. : FaultSubCode: e:AccessDenied
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

What step were you on when you got the error?  Can you attach the whole log?

0 Kudos
Bob_H_3
Beginner

Hi Colleen,

This is the whole log. I'm trying to configure the client with the command acuconfig configviarcsonly <ipadres> acmprofile /wmiuser <domain\username> /wmiuserpassword <password>.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Is it only failing on KVM?  It looks like access denied which may be related to needing an additional password for KVM if using VNC - the RFB - remote frame buffer password. 

It would be good to know what version of AMT your client has and other version information (SCS, etc.)

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

I wrote this "troubleshooting" blog that might help:  https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2012/08/08/intel-kvm-port-requirements-and-troubleshooting-tips

Colleen and I will also discuss further.

0 Kudos
Mr_vPro
Employee

Bob,

You will get such error when trying  to reconfigure (update AMT settings)  AMT already configured to CCM (Client Control Mode - default mode for HBC - Host Based Configuration) with SCS AMT profile that has KVM Redirection Settings with "User consent code required before beginning KVM Session"  checkbox unchecked- see example below.
KVM Consent Code disabled.png

Client Control Mode by definition and Intel AMT Technology design requires User Consent Code for ALL redirection operations and this can't be changed/disabled even by AMT Administrator or RCS without moving AMT to ACM.

I guess your Intel vPro system is Wireless AMT only (LAN Less)  tablet or 2in1 so default possible AMT configuration mode is CCM only.

So AMT technology rejects invalid  requests to change Consent Code settings in CCM with such error, while rest of AMT re-configuration is completed successfully.

I have seen exactly same error with AMT 9.5  system in scenario as described above.

Move to ACM (or direct configuration to ACM) is possible for AMT 7-9.5 systems with AMT LAN  only (+ requires AMT PKI Provisioning certificate that will match DHCP Option 15 domain suffix).

New Intel AMT 10  allows Wireless only MovetoACM change but with DNS PKI suffix defined in Intel ME FW (via MEBx or One Touch USB Preconfiguration.

If you want to get Wireless Only AMT 7 + system configured in ACM you may use 2 stage/ phase configuration:

1. Perform USB Local Configuration to ACM (USB One touch configuration requires system reboot and USB flash drive with setup.bin file created using USBFile.exe tool from Intel AMT SDK). It will configure AMT to ACM setting AMT digest administrator password to  
    <New MEBx Password> from setup.bin file.
    then follow up with second stage
  2. perform AMT HBC configuration (with XML profile file) using ACUConfig.exe with /AdminPassword <New MEBx Password> - which acctually just updates AMT settings with parameters which USB can't configure but keeping AMT in ACM.
    AMT profile used can change AMT digest admin password to new one (that is not visible in plain text like in setub.bin file).

rgds

darek

0 Kudos