Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AMT DTK Outpost service crashes

ajmm
Beginner

Hi!

I have a problem with my outpost tool on 2 PCs. Intel AMT is activated and set up. The webinterface is working fine, access by the commander tool works too. I am also able to start the outpost tool and the connection works fine.

When I start the Outpost Service Control Panel Tool, i can set up the service. This still is ok. When I try to start this service, the tool shows status "running". And here is the Problem. The service crashes after a few seconds. The tool still shows status running, but ifI restart the tool, the status is "nor running".

My configuration: Intel DQ45CB, Intel Q6600, Windows Vista 32bit, newest BIOS, newest Drivers

I have tried several versions of the AMT DTK but nothing works.

In the event log the following message occures: >>Dienst Manageability Outpost Tool Agent Service wurde unerwartet beendet.<< (In english: >>The service managability outpost tool agent service was shut down unexpected<< or something like that)

Please help me, i don't know how to solve that problem...

Kind regards

Andreas Maurer

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Brett_M_Intel
Employee
Quoting - ajmm

Hi!

I have a problem with my outpost tool on 2 PCs. Intel AMT is activated and set up. The webinterface is working fine, access by the commander tool works too. I am also able to start the outpost tool and the connection works fine.

When I start the Outpost Service Control Panel Tool, i can set up the service. This still is ok. When I try to start this service, the tool shows status "running". And here is the Problem. The service crashes after a few seconds. The tool still shows status running, but ifI restart the tool, the status is "nor running".

My configuration: Intel DQ45CB, Intel Q6600, Windows Vista 32bit, newest BIOS, newest Drivers

I have tried several versions of the AMT DTK but nothing works.

In the event log the following message occures: >>Dienst Manageability Outpost Tool Agent Service wurde unerwartet beendet.<< (In english: >>The service managability outpost tool agent service was shut down unexpected<< or something like that)

Please help me, i don't know how to solve that problem...

Kind regards

Andreas Maurer

Could you please fill out the attached bug report form and submit it to Support_DOPD_SWE@intel.com. This will help us to better diagnose your issue and hopefully find a resolution.

In the meantime, can you please tell us what version of the Outpost tool you are using and how your network is setup (DHCP, DNS, Internet connectivity, etc.).

Thanks,
- Brett McKown
DOPD Software Engineering
Intel Corporation
Utilities for Intel vPro Technology Intel vPro Expert Center
Manageability Developer Tool Kit Download
Manageability Software Development forum
DOPD SW Engineering Bulletin

0 Kudos
ajmm
Beginner

Could you please fill out the attached bug report form and submit it to Support_DOPD_SWE@intel.com. This will help us to better diagnose your issue and hopefully find a resolution.

In the meantime, can you please tell us what version of the Outpost tool you are using and how your network is setup (DHCP, DNS, Internet connectivity, etc.).

Thanks,
- Brett McKown
DOPD Software Engineering
Intel Corporation
Utilities for Intel vPro Technology Intel vPro Expert Center
Manageability Developer Tool Kit Download
Manageability Software Development forum
DOPD SW Engineering Bulletin

Thanks, bug report will be submitted in a few minutes.

I tried several outpost agents. At the moment the newest version (AMT DTK v.0.6.08302.2) is installed.

My network setup: DHCP & DNS = Win2008 Server, Internet = Gentoo Router, all IPs by DHCP, hostname is pc01 on both PCs (only one is connected to the net at a time) and the domainname is customername.solution-flat.de.

0 Kudos
ajmm
Beginner
Quoting - ajmm

Thanks, bug report will be submitted in a few minutes.

I tried several outpost agents. At the moment the newest version (AMT DTK v.0.6.08302.2) is installed.

My network setup: DHCP & DNS = Win2008 Server, Internet = Gentoo Router, all IPs by DHCP, hostname is pc01 on both PCs (only one is connected to the net at a time) and the domainname is customername.solution-flat.de.

While making some screenshots for the bug-report, I found out something new, maybe the reason for the problem: I am unable to connect local to the AMT Web-Interface.

The Outpost Tool writes the following entries to the log (about 20 times per minute):

--- 15:30:57:Information:ReadRecords: AMT_AuditLog
--- 15:30:57:CallFailed:http://localhost:16992/wsman

http://intel.com/wbem/wscim/1/amt-schema/1/AMT_AuditLog/ReadRecordshttp://localhost:16992/wsmanhttp://intel.com/wbem/wscim/1/amt-schema/1/AMT_AuditLoguuid:4506be54-bdd6-4b84-9fed-af00f0993b47
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing/role/anonymous
--- 15:30:57:Error:System.Net.WebException
System.Net.WebException: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurckgegeben: (400) Ungltige Anforderung.
bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
bei ManageabilityStack.WsManDirectClient.LoadXmlEx(String postData, Boolean& shouldRetry)
--- 15:30:57:CallCompleted:WSMAN Invoke: MOF_CLASSES.AMT_AuditLogType+ReadRecords_INPUT
StartIndex: 1

Accessing the webinterface from any other PC is possible. Where is my failure?

Kind regards

Andreas Maurer

0 Kudos
Brett_M_Intel
Employee
Please go ahead and complete the bug report file and submit it to Support_DOPD_SWE@intel.com. And please also attach the Outpost log file that contains the exceptions you posted here to that bug report submissions.
As of now, we don't have enough information to accurately identifiy the cause of this issue. In the meantime, you can try to execute Outpost without using WS-MAN by specifying the '-nowsman' swicth at the command line to determine if this issue is related to the use of Web Services for Manageability.
- Brett McKown
0 Kudos
bjfe
Beginner
Hello,

is there any solution for thin problem? ive got the same - similar - error message while trying to start the agent service.

[cpp]See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service Manageability Outpost Tool Agent Service on computer '.'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Der Dienst antwortete nicht rechtzeitig auf die Start- oder Steuerungsanforderung
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start(String[] args)
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Start()
   at ManageabilityOutpostTool.ServiceCtlClass.StartService()
   at ManageabilityOutpostServiceControlPanelTool.MainForm.startServiceButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Manageability Outpost Service Control Panel Tool
    Assembly Version: 0.6.8325.2
    Win32 Version: 0.6.08325.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/Intel/Manageability%20Developer%20Tool%20Kit/Manageability%20Outpost%20Service%20Control%20Panel%20Tool.exe
Manageability Outpost Tool
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/Intel/Manageability%20Developer%20Tool%20Kit/Manageability%20Outpost%20Tool.EXE
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Manageability Controls
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/Intel/Manageability%20Developer%20Tool%20Kit/Manageability%20Controls.DLL
Manageability Stack
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Programme/Intel/Manageability%20Developer%20Tool%20Kit/Manageability%20Stack.DLL
System.ServiceProcess
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceProcess/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.ServiceProcess.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

[/cpp]

0 Kudos
ajmm
Beginner
Quoting - bjfe
Hello,

is there any solution for thin problem? ive got the same - similar - error message while trying to start the agent service

Hello!

I'm in contact with Intel. The last message from Intel was: "We've replicated this issue in our lab and I've passed it on to our developers. This is a priority for our next release, but since we haven't root caused it I cannot estimate when the fix will be implemented. I will update you no later than the end of next week with our progress."

If there are any news, i'm will post them here.

Kind regards
Andreas Maurer
0 Kudos
TIMOTHY_D_Intel
Employee
Andreas,

I have tried many times to replicate this using the latest build (340.2) and have been unsuccessful. I saw it once on the 302.2 build. Can you provide some moreinformation on getting this to occur? Have you tried the lATEST BUILD? http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/manageability-developer-tool-kit/

Best regards,
Tim

0 Kudos