Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Access Hard disk through Intel AMT

thilok
Beginner

Hello....
I'm doing a project based on Intel AMT. In our project i have to install an operating system to a remote machine. So i tried to install through DVD Rom. but it takes so long to install. I want to do that using a imge (.iso) which is store in hard disk. Can we installoperating systemlike that and can we acess hard disk through the intel AMT .
Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - thilok

Hello....
I'm doing a project based on Intel AMT. In our project i have to install an operating system to a remote machine. So i tried to install through DVD Rom. but it takes so long to install. I want to do that using a imge (.iso) which is store in hard disk. Can we installoperating systemlike that and can we acess hard disk through the intel AMT .
Thank you.

While your question seems straight forward, it could have many responses. First, yes, you can accomplish an IDE-redirect session, pointing your boot media to an iso image. Note that it will still be slow - the IDE-R speed is not that fast either. If you are trying to accomplish a Serial Over Lan Session (SOL) you will see nothing on the display unless your iso image is text based.

Are you using the DTK Commander to do this? You also might want to see my latest blog about this topic. If you still have questions, please let us know - I'm not sure if I answered your question.
0 Kudos
thilok
Beginner

Thank you for quick reply....

Yes i'm using DTK. using this DTK i try to create my own system. actually i want to access hard disk using intel AMT. which means i want to copy a file to one machien to another for specific driver through intel AMT. can we access those hard drivers in aremote machien ? I meand when we specify a driver a frommy system can we copy any file to that driver specified driver ?
I'll read your blog too.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - thilok

Thank you for quick reply....

Yes i'm using DTK. using this DTK i try to create my own system. actually i want to access hard disk using intel AMT. which means i want to copy a file to one machien to another for specific driver through intel AMT. can we access those hard drivers in aremote machien ? I meand when we specify a driver a frommy system can we copy any file to that driver specified driver ?
I'll read your blog too.
Thank you.

Hi - I'm afraid I might not understand what all you are trying to accomplish. Using the DTK and AMT you can re-direct your boot disk (it would be the disk drive or on the system that you are running the DTK on) so that you are actually booting your AMT system from media that is on your management console.Once you have booted the system, you can run diagnostics (if the media you booted from has a diagnostic utility) or you can re-image the hard disk on your AMT system. If you simply want to copy files over to your AMT system you can use a remote desktop, or your network to do that. You would use the SOL/IDER capability when your AMT system does not boot and needs repaired, or if you want to run diagnostics on your AMT System (probably because, for some reason, it is not booting.)

0 Kudos
thilok
Beginner

Hi
Thank you for reply. I will do that then if i stuck somewhere i'll post it in this forum.
Thank you....
0 Kudos