Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Clarification on AMTIderConsolePort

cherryone
Beginner

Hi All,

I try to create an SOH by hand, and for this parameter, i see it has a 2 byte for value. That is it has 2 as length for the TLV 32813.

I am lookin into the SDK and seeing that there is a check:

unsigned short avpLen = IPAddress::NetworkToHostOrder((short)(avp->length));

if ((avpLen < sizeof(HcapAvp)) ...

in file AMTPosture. So, in my case, avpLen would be 2, and sizeof woudl be 4. And i am seeing an error due to this:

throw gcnew ApplicationException("Data is corrupted: Length of HCAP AVP is incorrect.");

My question: Is this intended? Am i wrong with something?

Using latest SDK for AMT, downloaded on 10\3\2008 5.0.1.4_SDK_5.0

Thank you,

Ioan Herisanu

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Could you explain this more? What are you trying to do? Which module/project/source file is this? What is your development environment? How are you building this code? which AMT version? etc

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
cherryone
Beginner

Hi Sree,

I try to learn more on AMT platform. Unfortunately i do not have a laptop capable of this so i had to play on my own.

I looked into the Intel AMT System Health Validator Sample. pdf version 4.0.6, June 2008 = (1) , downloaded the SDK 5.0.1.4 = (2), installed the SHV on a Server 2008. While looking through the sample SHV, it was not clear to me how you are constructing the SOH.

In (1), section Section 4, there is this line: "The fields are in TLV format." I understand by this that the Length field of a TLV represents the length of the value. Looking through the code in the SHV, i.e AMTPosture.cpp, line 29, the check (avpLen < sizeof (HcapAvp)) implies that either the length of value can not be less than 4 or that the system is not using TLVs as in (1) but AVPs. Trying with AVP idea (where the Length field includes the 4 bytes of Type+Length) made it work. Now you got my initial question reason and how i solved it. The trigger was line 49 of AMTPosture.cpp, where one can find that AVP are used, not TLVs.

I consider this thread closed. Appreciate your time and support.

Thank you,

Ioan Herisanu

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Got it :) Glad that the issue has been resolved.
Let us know if you have any further questions.
Thanks,
Sree

0 Kudos