Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Connecting AMT Device over the internet and send AMT commands.

tejs
Beginner

Hi,

i am also trying the same in our lab, we have succesfully implemented the AMT over the local network, now i was exploring more about connecting over the internet.

could someone please redirect me to right place where i can learn this ? also can i connect to remote machine over the internet through WS-Man Interface using c# ? does it support all commands i.e. power up, power down, asset display ?

if all these operations are possible then what settings are required on host machine and client machine ? how to build trusted relationship between two systems over the internet and what changes are required at network side ?

i am not novice in networking so require examples. it would be great if someone could clear my above doubts i will be very thanksful to you.

many thanks.

Tej.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Please refer to the response for this same question in your other post: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=68754(copy and paste the link without any spaces if you have difficulty accessing the link)
0 Kudos
tejs
Beginner

Hi Lance,

after posting my thread i had a look at this thread as well (given by you). it is almost similar as my case but in my case i am not able to access WebUI at all, i am able to pingremote client, even tracert is successful. but when i open the webUI it does not come up with Intel AMT WebUI Interface.

since that post is talking about BIOS and ME settings, do i need to change something there ? earlier i had a static IP address assigned but now i has enabled DHCP. do i need to change some more ? please help.

thanks.

Tej.

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Tejs,

What happens when you try to access the WebUI? Do you get a logon screen?

Are you trying to access the AMT WebUI from a separate machine on the same network?

If you try to access by IP it would look like: http://192.168.0.192:16992/

What version of AMT does your system have? Was the AMT system configured in Small Business Mode?

0 Kudos
tejs
Beginner

Yes, my machine is configured in small business mode. earlier i have a static IP address assigned to it becuase it was in a local network. now i have changed the DHCP option from disabled to enabled so that it can aquire the dynamic IP address.

- it is not part of any domain now, i made part of a workgroup.

- the machine is on public IP now and i can ping it from other machine over the internet.

- no i am not trying to access it throughthe same network, i am trying over the internet.

- the machine (AMT) Version is 6.0 and i am trying to access it exactly the same way you mentioned

http://ipaddress:16992/

and it does not show web ui for intel AMT, it shows "page not found" error.

thanks.

0 Kudos
RBens2
Valued Contributor I

Hi Tejs,

Is either of the two machines behind a router that's running NAT? If so, then you're going to have problems using AMT. If you disable ping responses in the OS, and you enable ping reponses in AMT; do you still get pingresponses, and do they have a TTL of 255 or 128?

You can use SMB mode for direct access to the Internet for testing, but for any kind of production use, you're going to want to enable TLS, so you should probably start looking into CIRA now instead pretending that the Internet is the same as your Intranet.

Regards,

Roger

0 Kudos
tejs
Beginner

Hi Roger,

thanks for you reply, but i could not get this working, even i am not able to see WebUI.

we are already using Small business mode. we dont haveTLS security features on at this momemt.

could you please help me in the simple terms what all is required to get it work over the internet ? is their any tutorial or video which help with this and configuration of network ?

if you can help me with the steps required i would greatly appreciate that.

as of now we are using small business mode and TLS is off. DHCP setting in MEBx is enabled.

many thanks.

Tej.

0 Kudos
RBens2
Valued Contributor I

Hi Tej,

If you're using SMB mode, then you'll need to do some setup before CIRA will work. The easiest thing to do is to use the DTK Commander. You have to configure an MPS, point to it in Commander, setup the client to point to the MPS server, configure the client to use environment detection, and program the client with the needed authentication certificates. You need to read the info in the SDK regarding the setup of the MPS, and the setup of CIRA. Setting up a MPS server isn't terribly difficult, but it isn't trivial either. You have to make sure that your MPS is setup correctly, and then you need to configure the client to connect to the MPS when it isn't on your network. When you've read through Gael's blog on CIRA testing, and you've read through the SDK document on the MPS setup, please come back to the forum and ask specific questions about the setup, and we can help.

Regards,

Roger

0 Kudos