Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Desktop Models Shipped by OEMs

infocom-solutions
Hi,

Got to know that now all the desktops available in the market will support AMT features. Plesae provide the list OEMS with the Model Name/no along with the Chipset no, Motherboard and NIC details.

Praveen

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
Hi,

Got to know that now all the desktops available in the market will support AMT features. Plesae provide the list OEMS with the Model Name/no along with the Chipset no, Motherboard and NIC details.

Praveen

Hi Praveen!

"all the desktops available in the market will suppot AMT"...
This is a curious information, where does it come from?

I assume you mean that alldesktopswith Intel chipsets :), but even then it is certainly not the status as of now, neither will be for the 'batch' of desktops hitting the market now with AMT5.x.

Anyway, I hope it will be true in the future, though, as Intel AMT is a very useful technology :).

Praveen, if you could provide sources, or be more specific in the question, maybe we'll be able to help you better.
Shmuel
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Here is the most recent list of OEM AMT systems that I am aware of: http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-2033
0 Kudos
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee

Here is the most recent list of OEM AMT systems that I am aware of: http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-2033

Hey Laence, I didn't know of this page, and that's a great list!
Thanks for sharing.

Still, the question by Praveen needs clarification on what data exactly he wants.
But if what he intended to write was "Got to know that now noT all the desktops available in the market will support AMT features"... then your answer is accurate. :D

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Oh yes, was just adding some info to the discussion.

Praveen, please take a look at Shmuel's questions above. If you can provide more info on what you have heard and what you need then we can probably help you better.
Thanks
0 Kudos
PRAVEEN_R_Intel
Employee

Oh yes, was just adding some info to the discussion.

Praveen, please take a look at Shmuel's questions above. If you can provide more info on what you have heard and what you need then we can probably help you better.
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for sharing OEM AMT systems link.

I am not sure on the source, but I read itin some article that now all the desktop shipped by OEMs are AMT enabled.
I wanted to make sure before I pass on this information to others.

Thanks again for sharing the useful info.

Bye
Praveen
0 Kudos
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
I am not sure on the source, but I read itin some article that now all the desktop shipped by OEMs are AMT enabled.
I wanted to make sure before I pass on this information to others.

I don't think you should pass the information forward... Apparently at least until 2011, there will be platforms with and without Intel AMT support.

Also, please note that even if all platforms present manageability features, not all the manageability technologies are called Intel AMT... There are some technologies with a limited featureset with other names, like Intel Standard Manageability (see this blog post by Gael for more info).

Shmuel
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

I don't think you should pass the information forward... Apparently at least until 2011, there will be platforms with and without Intel AMT support.

Also, please note that even if all platforms present manageability features, not all the manageability technologies are called Intel AMT... There are some technologies with a limited featureset with other names, like Intel Standard Manageability (see this blog post by Gael for more info).

Shmuel

Thanks for commenting Shmuel! Yes - we have to be very careful about what we communicate in terms of what is going to be on all desktops from now on - some of those news sources are not completely reliable and we just have to wait until Intel breaks the news officially.
0 Kudos