Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Execute LocalAgent Sample Failed

ahju
Beginner

Hi,

I Execute LocalAgent sample Failed in the local AMT computer, but when I execute the LocalAgent sample successfully with different app name in remote computer.

The error PT_STATUS_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED was returned when calling ISVS_RegisterApplicationEx2.

Is there anyting wrong i did?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Hi, could you please clarify what you are experiencing?

It sounds like you are getting an error with an SDK sample when run locally, but it works when done remotely. Please specify what exacty you are running and how you are initiating it for both situations.

0 Kudos
ahju
Beginner

Hi, could you please clarify what you are experiencing?

It sounds like you are getting an error with an SDK sample when run locally, but it works when done remotely. Please specify what exacty you are running and how you are initiating it for both situations.

Hi,

I run the LocalAgent Sample in SDK4.0 on the computer with AMT device failed and the error is PT_STATUS_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED, but it works when registed remotely to the AMT device. The AMT was comfiged for SmallBusiness Module.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Could you provide the following additional info:

• The full command line you are using to run the LocalAgent sample (include the command and all switches/values)
  • The version of AMT on your system
  • The system's operating system and version
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

The Local Agent Presence interface can only be accessed locally and not remotely. So, i am confused here. Could you specify the exact name of the SDK sample you are using? In which folder in SDK?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
ahju
Beginner
Hi,

1.The full command line I am using to run the LocalAgent is: (locate)LocalAgent.exe -c blockname http://localhost:16992/StorageService -user admin -pass password.

2. When I run the full command line: (locate)LocalAgent.exe -c blockname http://AMThost IP:16992/StorageService -user admin -pass password remotely, it return successfully.

3. I use different application name and the same vendor name and ent name when run locally and remotely.

4.The version of AMT on my system is 3.0.2

5.The system's operating system is Windows XP and version is SP2

6.The LocalAgent sample is in the folder: SDKWindowsIntel_AMTSamplesSoapStorageVirusignatureFileLocalAgent, and the SDK version is 4.0

7.The AMT was comfiged for SmallBusiness Module.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Quoting - ahju
Hi,

1.The full command line I am using to run the LocalAgent is: (locate)LocalAgent.exe -c blockname http://localhost:16992/StorageService -user admin -pass password.

2. When I run the full command line: (locate)LocalAgent.exe -c blockname http://AMThost IP:16992/StorageService -user admin -pass password remotely, it return successfully.

3. I use different application name and the same vendor name and ent name when run locally and remotely.

4.The version of AMT on my system is 3.0.2

5.The system's operating system is Windows XP and version is SP2

6.The LocalAgent sample is in the folder: SDKWindowsIntel_AMTSamplesSoapStorageVirusignatureFileLocalAgent, and the SDK version is 4.0

7.The AMT was comfiged for SmallBusiness Module.

Thanks

Hi,

This looks like a driver issue. You have to have all the latest AMT drivers installed on your system for running this sample locally. Please visit your OEM site and make sure you have all the latest ones installed.

The StartHere Guide I had pointed to earlier will give you a good idea of what are the drivers needed.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Please ensure that you have setup the sample with the StorageAdmin sample. This registers the enterprise name and sample applications for you. You can use the pre-built executable as follows:
WindowsIntel_AMTBinStorageAdmin.exe -shttp://AMThost IP:16992/StorageAdministrationService -user admin -pass password
This command must be run from the remote machine.
Please refer to the readme in WindowsIntel_AMTSamplesSoapStorageStorageSamples
0 Kudos
ahju
Beginner

Hi,

This looks like a driver issue. You have to have all the latest AMT drivers installed on your system for running this sample locally. Please visit your OEM site and make sure you have all the latest ones installed.

The StartHere Guide I had pointed to earlier will give you a good idea of what are the drivers needed.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Sree

Hi,

I have had all the latest AMT drivers installed on my system running for LocalAgent.

I run the ApiTest.exe sample in the SDK folder remotely and all the API return successful, but the ISVS_RegisterApplicationEx2 API return failed when I run iton the computer which has the AMT device locally, the erroris SOAP error,NO. is 25. Is there any setting I need on the system which has the AMT device?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ahju
Beginner
Please ensure that you have setup the sample with the StorageAdmin sample. This registers the enterprise name and sample applications for you. You can use the pre-built executable as follows:
WindowsIntel_AMTBinStorageAdmin.exe -shttp://AMThost IP:16992/StorageAdministrationService -user admin -pass password
This command must be run from the remote machine.
Please refer to the readme in WindowsIntel_AMTSamplesSoapStorageStorageSamples

Hi,

I have try this command remotely successfully, and the LocalAgent sample still doesn't work locally.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

When you run the command locally are you typing "localhost" ? You should use the client IP address or the client host name and not use "localhost".

Also please ensure that the password you are typing in the commandis the correct one for the admin.

I was able to successfully run this call locally after running the setup described above. If you are correctly running the command, then there is probably a configuration problem on you local system. You may want to try testing on another AMT client.

0 Kudos
ahju
Beginner

When you run the command locally are you typing "localhost" ? You should use the client IP address or the client host name and not use "localhost".

Also please ensure that the password you are typing in the commandis the correct one for the admin.

I was able to successfully run this call locally after running the setup described above. If you are correctly running the command, then there is probably a configuration problem on you local system. You may want to try testing on another AMT client.

Hi,

I have try "localhost", "127.0.0.1" and "AMTIP" locally and all failed. And I am sure the password is correct for the admin.

I can successfully run the sample on any computer except the AMT computer. That's very strange.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Hi,
I would like to know more details for debugging this:
1. Who is your OEM? could you give us more details on your system info?
2. Please confirm that you have installed these drivers on your system:
  • Intel 82566DM Network Interface Controller
  • Intel Management Engine Interface (aka HECI driver)
  • Serial-Over-Lan (SOL) Driver
  • IDE-Redirect Controller
  • IDE-Redirect CD-ROM and Floppy during Redirection Session in Device Manager
  • Intel Active Management Technology LMS Service
  • Intel AMT System Status Service

For making sure that these are installed, Starte Here guide gives detailed screen shotsfor where and what to look for each of these drivers. If possible, could you capture these screen shots for your system and them to us?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Are you physically typing in the IP address of your AMT system?I'm pretty sure you have to do this.. Is AMTIP the name of they AMT system? Again, you need to enter the actual IP address of they system you are trying to run it on.

0 Kudos
ahju
Beginner

Are you physically typing in the IP address of your AMT system?I'm pretty sure you have to do this.. Is AMTIP the name of they AMT system? Again, you need to enter the actual IP address of they system you are trying to run it on.

Hi,

It return successfully when I typing the IP address of the local OS IP but not the AMT IP.

Thanks Lance Atencio, Sreelekshmy Syamalakumari, Gael Holmes.

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Glad it is working now.

You mention that AMT IP is different than the OS IP; Is your AMT setup for DCHP or did you configure as static? If DHCP, it should be the same as the OS.

0 Kudos
ahju
Beginner

Glad it is working now.

You mention that AMT IP is different than the OS IP; Is your AMT setup for DCHP or did you configure as static? If DHCP, it should be the same as the OS.

Hi,

I configured the AMT IP as static IP.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos