Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Get permissions from Intel, for use Intel's sample codes

rasanga_csnsc
Beginner
I am a 4th year undergraduate in SLIIT Sri Lanka (http://www.sliit.lk). In this year we have "Comprehensive Design / Analysis Project" as a subject. For that I and my team members decide to develop a software system for Intel AMT. During development we have to use some sample codes(source code of "Manageability Stack") given by Intel. To do that, how do we get the required permissions from Intel ?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,
All of our publically available code is on our downloads page here.
I"m not exacty sure what you are interested in, but you should start with the AMT SDK and the Manageability Developer Tookit. Both of them come with source code that you can use in your project.
0 Kudos
rasanga_csnsc
Beginner

Hi all,

Thank you for your quick assistance...

// =============================================================================
// INTEL CONFIDENTIAL
// Copyright 2008. Intel Corporation All Rights Reserved.
//
// The source code contained or described herein and all documents related to
// the source code ("Material") are owned by Intel Corporation or its suppliers
// or licensors. Title to the Material remains with Intel Corporation or its
// suppliers and licensors. The Material may contain trade secrets and
// proprietary and confidential information of Intel Corporation and its
// suppliers and licensors, and is protected by worldwide copyright and trade
// secret laws and treaty provisions. No part of the Material may be used,
// copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted,
// distributed, or disclosed in any way without Intels prior express written
// permission.
//
// No license under any patent, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual
// property right is granted to or conferred upon you by disclosure or delivery
// of the Materials, either expressly, by implication, inducement, estoppel or
// otherwise. Any license under such intellectual property rights must be
// express and approved by Intel in writing.
// =============================================================================

This above statement is attached to all theIntel source codes of "Manageability_Developer_Tool_Kit_Source_0_6_0937_2"

In our project we need to use managebilitystack.dll in order to get some features of our software. This software is not for selling purposes. This software, we aredeveloping in purpose of a finalyear project.

Therefore if we take themanagebilitystack.dll and its source code, is it a violation of above Intel's copyright statement ??

Thank you...

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
I'm sorry for the confusion. The header information is in conflict with the license on our download page (posted below).
Please allow me to look into this further and get back to you.

LICENSE: Subject to the restrictions below, Intel Corporation ("Intel") grants to you the following non-exclusive, non-assignable, royalty-free copyright licenses in the Software. The Software may include portions offered on terms in addition to those set out here, as set out in a license accompanying those portions:

* Developer Tools include developer documentation, installation or development utilities, and other materials. You may use them internally for the purposes of using the Software as licensed hereunder, but you may not redistribute them.

* Sample Source may include example interface or application source code. You may copy, modify, compile the Sample Source and distribute it in your own products in binary and source code form.

* End-User Documentation includes textual materials intended for end users. You may copy, modify and distribute them.

* Licensed Binaries are redistributable code provided in binary form.

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,
Please use the License.rtf file in the doc folder of the DTK as your written permission to use the source code. The permissions granted in that file should cover use in your project.

We are looking into the possiblilty of changing the headers.

Please let us know if you still have questions.
0 Kudos
rasanga_csnsc
Beginner

Hello,
Please use the License.rtf file in the doc folder of the DTK as your written permission to use the source code. The permissions granted in that file should cover use in your project.

We are looking into the possiblilty of changing the headers.

Please let us know if you still have questions.

Hello Lance Atencio

Thank You very much.
I thought that I got the answer.

Thanks for your great support.
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
You're welcome, glad to help.

Good luck with your project.
0 Kudos