Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

How to get BIOS IP of an AMT machine from the same machine's OS?

sainan
Beginner

Hello:

I am developing an application running on Windows XP in an AMT machine. My application needs to get the BIOS IP address of the same AMT machine AMT is configured successfully with a static IP address and also my OS is using another static IP. How can my application get the BIOS IP from the OS? Is there any command like "ipconfig", or can I use any API for that?

I would really appreciate any help regarding that.

Regards,
Safwan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Not sure if there is a way to get that info locally.
But you may want to try the tool found at this link: http://communities.intel.com/openport/blogs/proexpert/2008/10/03/iamt-scan-custom-inventory-helps-with-enterprise-activations

It gets lots of info and stores it in the registry where you could access it with your own program.

0 Kudos
sainan
Beginner

Isolved this problem a month ago. Usingthe program available in the link provided by Lance in the previous reply (thanks, lance!) andmy own tactics and technology, I developed two programs which in combined can find out the mapping of AMT IP (BIOS IP)and OS IP of each machine in the network. I really got immense pleasure to do the project and solve the problem. If anybody is interested about it can contact me at my email address sainankhan@gmail.com.

Regards,

Safwan

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
That's great, I'm glad it worked for you.
Thanks for the update and the offer to help others!

0 Kudos