Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

ISVS_AllocateBlock failed

ahju
Beginner

Hello

I uesed ISVS_AllocateBlock API in my program and it returned failed:0x1003, and I don't know what does 0x1003 means. Anyone can help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Hi,
Have you successfully registered your application with AMT using ISVs_RegisterApplication API? You have to do this first for using any storage operations.
Thanks,
Sree

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hello Ahju,
  • Could you tell us a little more about your operating environment? Is your AMT system configured for Small Business Mode or Enterprise mode? (and if Enterprise mode, is it TLS, or Non TLS?) Which version of the SDK are you using, also and what version of Intel AMT is your system?
  • Can you also let us know how you are calling ISVS_AllocateBlock? And I am assuming you have successfully registered it and you have a valid handle? According to: ...AMTSDK ReleasesAMT SDK 5.0.1.4 Gold ScaleWindowsIntel_AMTIncludeiamt_api.h, PT_STATUS PTSDK_STATUS_INVALID_PARAM = 0x1003; One of the parameters is invalid (usually indicates a NULL pointer or an invalid session handle is specified)
  • If you haven't already done so,you will want to read through the "Storage Design Guide" in the DOCs folder of the Intel AMT SDK. It is in this doc that all the APIs that you can call for registering and using the Third Party Data Store (3PDS) are documented. How you authenticate with the storage registration depends on what kind of authentication your AMT configuration requires (Small Business Mode = Digest Authentication; Enterprise/TLS = Server/Mutual Authentication.) See the ISVS_RegisterApplicationEX API on page 22 of the Storage Design Guide for a description on what is required to register your storage operations.
0 Kudos
ahju
Beginner

Thanks Gael Holmes very much!

My AMT system was configured for Small Business Mode, and the version of the SDK I am using is 4.0, and the version of the AMT is 3.0.2.0004.

I am calling the ISVS_AllocateBlock API after successfully registered it and have a valid handle by using ISVs_RegisterApplicationEx2. Is there anything I should do before calling the ISVS_AllocateBlock API?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ahju
Beginner
Thethe issue has been resolved.
Thanks all!
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hi Ahju,
I'm glad your issue is resolved. We are going to close this issue. If you have further questions, feel free to start a new thread.

0 Kudos