Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel AMT SDK alternative IDE environment

ph3ar
Beginner
Hello everyone,

I have tried to work with Intel AMT SDK but I couldn't found any information of how I can install this sdk to an alternative IDE other than visual studio (for example eclipse).

Any ideas?

Thanks
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - ph3ar
Hello everyone,

I have tried to work with Intel AMT SDK but I couldn't found any information of how I can install this sdk to an alternative IDE other than visual studio (for example eclipse).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Well, if you are using the Java samples, you could use eclipse. Unfortuneately, the way the SDK is setup requires Visual Studio. It seems like it would be possible for you to create projects from scratch using other IDE's, but then you would need to pull in all the necessary files manually. I'm pretty sure that would be a lot of work.

Has anyone else out there tried using the SDK with an IDE other than Visual Studio?

--Gael
0 Kudos
ph3ar
Beginner
Thanks for the reply Gael.

By the way it seems that openamt.org is inactive, I posted on the mailing list for a dependency issue but I got no response.
Can you confirm this?
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - ph3ar
Thanks for the reply Gael.

By the way it seems that openamt.org is inactive, I posted on the mailing list for a dependency issue but I got no response.
Can you confirm this?

Hi ph3ar,

I think you may be correct - openamt.org is an open source community and so I was told that it is entirely "monitored" (or not) by it's users. We have been made aware that no one seems to be answering questions out there, unfortuneately.

Gael
0 Kudos
ph3ar
Beginner

Hi ph3ar,

I think you may be correct - openamt.org is an open source community and so I was told that it is entirely "monitored" (or not) by it's users. We have been made aware that no one seems to be answering questions out there, unfortuneately.

Gael

By the way is there a forum thread or blog dealing with Intel's AMT and Linux?
It will be very useful!
0 Kudos
Aharon_R_Intel
Employee
Quoting - ph3ar
Hello everyone,

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi ph3ar.

The SDK on Linux is set up to function in a more-or-less traditional Unix / Linux command-line style. In other words, there are Makefiles for building libraries and those samples that are supported under Linux. There is no support for any of the IDEs available under Linux, although Eclipse with the CDE (C/C++ Develeopment Environment) plug-in would be a logical choice.

My notes list these steps:

1. In Linux/Common/ThirdParty/gSoap/ make the files wsdl2h and soapcpp2 executable (chmod +x ...)
2. Make sure you have at least 1G of ram and 1G of swap space - this is critical for 64 bit linux, helpful otherwise
3. In Linux/Intel AMT/Src - run make
4. In Linux/Intel AMT/Samples/Soap - run make wsdls then run make

Support for an IDE under Linux is one of those things the SDK group would like to do but I don't know where it falls in our list of priorities, so I can't even promise that it will happen at all, much less commit as to when.

I hope this helps,

Aharon
0 Kudos
ph3ar
Beginner

Hi ph3ar.

The SDK on Linux is set up to function in a more-or-less traditional Unix / Linux command-line style. In other words, there are Makefiles for building libraries and those samples that are supported under Linux. There is no support for any of the IDEs available under Linux, although Eclipse with the CDE (C/C++ Develeopment Environment) plug-in would be a logical choice.

My notes list these steps:

1. In Linux/Common/ThirdParty/gSoap/ make the files wsdl2h and soapcpp2 executable (chmod +x ...)
2. Make sure you have at least 1G of ram and 1G of swap space - this is critical for 64 bit linux, helpful otherwise
3. In Linux/Intel AMT/Src - run make
4. In Linux/Intel AMT/Samples/Soap - run make wsdls then run make

Support for an IDE under Linux is one of those things the SDK group would like to do but I don't know where it falls in our list of priorities, so I can't even promise that it will happen at all, much less commit as to when.

I hope this helps,

Aharon
Thank you for your reply.

I followed your steps and when I tried to compile (make) Linux/Intel_AMT/Src/StorageLib I get the following error:

iamt_os_linux.cpp: In function bool IsAddressLocalHost(const CHAR*, UINT32*):
iamt_os_linux.cpp:512: error: sort is not a member of std
iamt_os_linux.cpp:513: error: sort is not a member of std
iamt_os_linux.cpp:515: error: includes is not a member of std
make[1]: *** [iamt_os_linux.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `.../iamt_sdk/Intel AMT 5.1 SDK Gold/Linux/Intel_AMT/Src/StorageLib/LIBCODE'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any clue?
0 Kudos
Aharon_R_Intel
Employee

Hi. It sounds like your version of the C++ libraries are not up to date. What Linux version are you using? What gcc version? You can find the latter with the command gcc -v.

Thanks,

Aharon
0 Kudos
ph3ar
Beginner

Hi. It sounds like your version of the C++ libraries are not up to date. What Linux version are you using? What gcc version? You can find the latter with the command gcc -v.

Thanks,

Aharon

Hi Aharon,

thanks for your reply, I'm using gcc version 4.3.3 (Ubuntu 4.3.3-5ubuntu4)

0 Kudos