Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel management engine interface device cannot start code 10

Rajeev_R_
Beginner

Hi ,

I have see following  error at device manager :

Intel management engine interface device cannot start code 10

I was getting the same error earlier in Windows 7 and now in Windows 10 Pro after upgrade .

Here are my Intel Hardware details :

Board Model - DH67CL

Board Version - AAG10212 -210

Bios version - BLH6710H.86A.0146.2011.1222.1415

Though, it hasnt affected the functionality of my PC specifically , I was wondering if this is an indication of any serious issue and can this be resolved ..

Thanks

Rajeev

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Greetings

According to http://ark.intel.com/products/50101/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH67CL?q=DH67CL#@specifications your motherboard is not a vPro or ISM enabled device. Hence why your getting the error.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Greetings

According to http://ark.intel.com/products/50101/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH67CL?q=DH67CL#@specifications your motherboard is not a vPro or ISM enabled device. Hence why your getting the error.

0 Kudos
Rajeev_R_
Beginner

Thank you Joseph . Can anything be done other than buying a new motherboard ? So far this issue hasnt given me any trouble but is it indicative of anything nasty waiting to happen ?

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Greetings

For a device to be vPro it will compose of three components core elements; CPU, Motherboard, and BIOS enablement.

In your case your board and BIOS are not enabled and as such can not be "upgraded".

As for this being an "issue" of some sort. I would not expect there to be one, I frequently see vPro enabled CPU installed on boards that are not vPro enabled and vice versa. 

0 Kudos
Rajeev_R_
Beginner

Thank you Joseph again , appreciate your help in clarifying the issue..

Sincerely

Rajeev

0 Kudos