Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and the technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
1355 Discussions

Intel management engine interface device cannot start code 10

Rajeev_R_
Beginner

Hi ,

I have see following  error at device manager :

Intel management engine interface device cannot start code 10

I was getting the same error earlier in Windows 7 and now in Windows 10 Pro after upgrade .

Here are my Intel Hardware details :

Board Model - DH67CL

Board Version - AAG10212 -210

Bios version - BLH6710H.86A.0146.2011.1222.1415

Though, it hasnt affected the functionality of my PC specifically , I was wondering if this is an indication of any serious issue and can this be resolved ..

Thanks

Rajeev

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Greetings

According to http://ark.intel.com/products/50101/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH67CL?q=DH67CL#@specifications your motherboard is not a vPro or ISM enabled device. Hence why your getting the error.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Greetings

According to http://ark.intel.com/products/50101/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH67CL?q=DH67CL#@specifications your motherboard is not a vPro or ISM enabled device. Hence why your getting the error.

View solution in original post

Rajeev_R_
Beginner

Thank you Joseph . Can anything be done other than buying a new motherboard ? So far this issue hasnt given me any trouble but is it indicative of anything nasty waiting to happen ?

Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Greetings

For a device to be vPro it will compose of three components core elements; CPU, Motherboard, and BIOS enablement.

In your case your board and BIOS are not enabled and as such can not be "upgraded".

As for this being an "issue" of some sort. I would not expect there to be one, I frequently see vPro enabled CPU installed on boards that are not vPro enabled and vice versa. 

Rajeev_R_
Beginner

Thank you Joseph again , appreciate your help in clarifying the issue..

Sincerely

Rajeev