Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Manageability Stack.dll dependences DTK

Arles_Rodriguez
Beginner
Hi,

I am using IntelManageability Developer Tool Kit v0_6_0937_2, and connect from my application and in Debug mode I can connect to Amt Device without problems. But when I generate a release of my program and install it on other machine I cannot connect. I only need get inventory of machines.

May I include other library for connect works (i am including imrsdk.dll also)?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Quoting - Arles Rodriguez
Hi,

I am using IntelManageability Developer Tool Kit v0_6_0937_2, and connect from my application and in Debug mode I can connect to Amt Device without problems. But when I generate a release of my program and install it on other machine I cannot connect. I only need get inventory of machines.

May I include other library for connect works (i am including imrsdk.dll also)?

So if I interpret you correctly, you can connect successfully with the Commander tool to an AMT system, but aren't able to connect successfully with your own code? If that's the case, I'd recommend using a traffic analyzer (like Wireshark, for example) to check the AMT packets that your program is generating, and compare them to the packets generated by the Commander (or the Asset Display example in the SDK). This only works if you aren't encrypting the traffic, of course, you would filter traffic on port 16992.

If all you're doing is an inventory of the machines, you should not need the imrsdk.dll. That's used for SOL and IDE-R sessions. If the DTK can connect successfully to your system and get an inventory and your program cannot, it's likely there is an issue with the inventory request your program is generating.

Andy
0 Kudos
Arles_Rodriguez
Beginner
Hi.

You have all reason (Manageabilitu Stack does not need imrsdk.dll)

My issue was including a callback that include cert of machines. Some debugging help me to discover the problem

Thanks Andrew.

So if I interpret you correctly, you can connect successfully with the Commander tool to an AMT system, but aren't able to connect successfully with your own code? If that's the case, I'd recommend using a traffic analyzer (like Wireshark, for example) to check the AMT packets that your program is generating, and compare them to the packets generated by the Commander (or the Asset Display example in the SDK). This only works if you aren't encrypting the traffic, of course, you would filter traffic on port 16992.

If all you're doing is an inventory of the machines, you should not need the imrsdk.dll. That's used for SOL and IDE-R sessions. If the DTK can connect successfully to your system and get an inventory and your program cannot, it's likely there is an issue with the inventory request your program is generating.

Andy

0 Kudos