Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Problems when i try to change admin name

raul_sanchez
Beginner
When i use UpdateAdministrator function to change admin name, vPro PC is blocked and i have to enter in BIOS vPro for reset the system.
We can change the password with this function (UpdateAdministrator) without problems.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Not familiar with the UpdateAdministrator function. Could you try SetAdminAclEntry instead? That should work for updating the Admin entry in the AMT device.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee
I use SetAdminAclEntry in Intel AMT Director and it does work. I never tried UpdateAdministrator... is that even an AMT fonction, I don't recall seeing it. Before chaning the admin name, I would create a seperate account with all privilages. This account could be used to fix things is the admin rename goes wrong.

Ylian (Intel AMT Blog)
0 Kudos
raul_sanchez
Beginner
Thanks, sorry but i put a wrong explication.

I use this function:

// Password must be coded with CoDeCoRC4
public VproStatus UpdateAdministrator(string name, string password)
{
IriSceneRemoteManager.AMT.SecurityAdministrationService.AdminAclEntryExType admin = new IriSceneRemoteManager.AMT.SecurityAdministrationService.AdminAclEntryExType();
admin.Username = name;

// DigestPassword
// Here is the procedure for changing the password:
// 1. Call GetDigestRealm() to get the Digest Realm string
// 2. Compute an MD5 hash on a concatenated message which contains:
// EntryEx.Username, :, DigestRealm, : Password
// 3. Set EntryEx.Password to the hash result
// 4. Call AddUserAclEntryEx() providing the EntryEx parameter

string digestRealm = string.Empty;
this.GetDigestRealm(out digestRealm);
string stringToCode = "admin" + ":" + digestRealm + ":" + CoDeCoRC4.Decode(password);
admin.DigestPassword = MD5.Create().ComputeHash(Encoding.Default.GetBytes(stringToCode));

return SetAdminAclEntryEx(admin);
}
0 Kudos
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Raul,

What is the error code you are receiving when you change the admin name? Please make sure that the new name conforms to the following rules -

Username for access control. Contains 7-bit ASCII characters, in the

range of 33-126, excluding :, ,, <, >, &, and characters. String

length is limited to 16 characters. Username cannot be an empty

string.

Thanks.

0 Kudos