Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Remote KMV Settings not Supported

ndiaz2000
Beginner

Hi,

My processor is an Core i5-2400. I am using the local, non-TLS configuration, and a BIOS only configuration.I have AMT provisoned: the web server at port 16992 is working, but Manageability Commander tool shows KVM as Not Supported (VNC Viewer Plus gives "Insufficient Permissions to Access"), however SOL, IDER and Redirection Ports are Enabled.I don't know why or what I've failed to configure.

I have Windows 7 installed, andmy BIOS (AMT 7.x) does not have many of the options that seems to be on other systems.For example, I cannot find any KVM enable/disable option. I have KVM opt-in policy (set to ) and Remote something about adjusting opt-in policy (set to ).

Any thoughts much appreciated!!

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Hi - could you run the SCS Discovery tool and send over the xml file so I can see exactly what you have going on? How to run the SCS Discovery Tool (if the tips below are not helpful)
Things to check:
1. Are you running the latest version of the DTK? We just put a new version on our site that fixes some KVM issues. Manageability Developer Tool Kit
2. You have Enabled KVM in the bios
3. I assume you are running in Admin Control Mode?
4. You have Integrated Graphics (not Discrete)
Here is one of my blogs on using the KVM feature:Intel AMT KVM not Working
0 Kudos
ndiaz2000
Beginner
Hi Gael, Thanks You a lot for your help !! ...

I'msending you the xml file with the result of SCS Discovery Tool.

About your questions, this is my situation:

- I'm using the latest version of the DTK
- In this model I can'tfind any KVM enable/disable option in BIOS like others chipset like explain in this link(http://www.howtogeek.com/56538/how-to-remotely-control-your-pc-even-when-it-crashes/). Is there any way toinstall a softwareupdate or another component that allows to set that?. I think, that the problem is derived to that ...

My pc have a Integrated Graphics.

Thanks again ..

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hi - bad news... from your xml file:

-
!!!!! Intel Standard Manageability
False
-
True
True
True
True
False
False
!!!!!False
KVM is not a feature that is allowed with the Standard Manageability SKUs. You would need to upgrade to Full Manageability in order to be able to use KVM.
On a system that supports KVM, if you get that message of it not being supported, you can check your computer properties/remote connections - you need to make sure the first box is checked, allowing the system to be managed remotely - but that wouldn't be the problem here.
0 Kudos