Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Retrieving Disk Information

Stephen_Hibbert__Int
I use CIM_Processor to get information about the processor, I use CIM_PhysicalMemory to get information about physical memory, etc.

Which CIM class do I use to retrieve disk information (model, serial number, size)? This information is shown in the WebUI, so I know it's possible to retrieve it.

Thanks,
Stephen
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
I use CIM_Processor to get information about the processor, I use CIM_PhysicalMemory to get information about physical memory, etc.

Which CIM class do I use to retrieve disk information (model, serial number, size)? This information is shown in the WebUI, so I know it's possible to retrieve it.

Thanks,
Stephen

That should be the CIM_MediaAccessDevice class, but the CIM_PhysicalPackage class could also be involved (there's an association between the two in the Hardware Asset instance diagram).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

Thanks,
Stephen

That should be the CIM_MediaAccessDevice class, but the CIM_PhysicalPackage class could also be involved (there's an association between the two in the Hardware Asset instance diagram).
0 Kudos
Stephen_Hibbert__Int

Thanks! I had tried everything but CIM_PhysicalPackage, which gives you the model and the serial number. CIM_MediaAccessDevice gives you the size.

Were you referring to the diagram in "Intel AMT WS-Management Flows.pdf"?
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

Thanks! I had tried everything but CIM_PhysicalPackage, which gives you the model and the serial number. CIM_MediaAccessDevice gives you the size.

Were you referring to the diagram in "Intel AMT WS-Management Flows.pdf"?

That's also a valid place for the diagram I used, but I actually got to it in a different manner.

I actually looked at the WS-Managment Class Reference. Probably the quickest way to get there is if you open the index.html in the DOCS folder of the SDK, then select the WS Management Class Reference hyperlink (the top level of the reference is actually the index.html file in the DOCS/WS-Management_Class_Reference folder, but that's kind of buried and easy to miss).

Anyway, the class reference has an expandable menu of CIM classes by interface (like Hardware Asset), I find it a little easier to use that then the Flows.pdf when I'm searching for information.

Andy
0 Kudos
Stephen_Hibbert__Int

That's also a valid place for the diagram I used, but I actually got to it in a different manner.

I actually looked at the WS-Managment Class Reference. Probably the quickest way to get there is if you open the index.html in the DOCS folder of the SDK, then select the WS Management Class Reference hyperlink (the top level of the reference is actually the index.html file in the DOCS/WS-Management_Class_Reference folder, but that's kind of buried and easy to miss).

Anyway, the class reference has an expandable menu of CIM classes by interface (like Hardware Asset), I find it a little easier to use that then the Flows.pdf when I'm searching for information.

Andy

Wow, this is extremely useful. Thanks.
0 Kudos