Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

SCS Profiles and HP OOBMC

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi.

I have setup an SCS with TLS and it appears to be provisioning the clients properly. We are also trying to use the HP Out of Band Management Console (which requires the SCS). Does anyone know how it determines who can log onto the actual HP console as it says to login with the user name as entered during SCS setup but surely you can add other users?

Also, with the SCS profiles, does AD integration have to be enabled to use kerberos?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

I don't quite understand your first question - HP console has its own login credentials which has nothing to do with the SCS.

For your second question, yes AD integration has to be enabled to use kerberos.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Well according to the HP setup guide it says to login to the console with the username specified during SCS setup which I believe was only used to specify the user to start the service.
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Sorry I misunderstood your question before. HP OOBMC uses the supplied credentials to access the SCS database. So, the SCS is what determines what users can access the environment.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
prankmonkey
Beginner
So your saying only the user who installed the scs can view the HP Console? I know I can add users to be say Enterprise Administrators or simply log viewers in the SCS. This doesn't appear to allow them to log into the HP console however.
0 Kudos
Jerome_E_Intel
Employee

The user credentials used to install the AMT SCS is the starting point. Once you have customized your AMT SCS deployment to add additional users, you can begin specifying those users when usingHP Software'sOOBMC console. However, I think the users will need higher privileges than log viewer. Please contact HP Software support if this information is missing or incorrect in their deployment manuals.

0 Kudos