Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

SOAP Failure: Error Code = 25

Ashish_Chauhan
Beginner
Hello all, While running RemoteControl sample i recieve this error 25.. How do i get rid of this?

While executing following i recieve the error.

RemoteControl.exe -c -user admin -pass MyPass46! http://192.168.2.220:16992/RemoteControlService

Calling function GetRemoteControlCapabilities...
Error: failed while calling GetRemoteControlCapabilities
SOAP failure: error code = 25

I tried with different option also i.e -c, -r, -A, -B , But no success :(

Thanks.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - Ashish Chauhan
Hello all, While running RemoteControl sample i recieve this error 25.. How do i get rid of this?

While executing following i recieve the error.

RemoteControl.exe -c -user admin -pass MyPass46! http://19.168.2.220:16992/RemoteControlService

Calling function GetRemoteControlCapabilities...
Error: failed while calling GetRemoteControlCapabilities
SOAP failure: error code = 25

I tried with different option also i.e -c, -r, -A, -B , But no success :(

Thanks.

Hi - I assume you can ping your AMT System from the OS, but can you get into the Web UI? It kind of looks like the API cannot access AMT. Are you in Small Business Mode? Can you check to make sure under your AMT Configurations / TCP/IP settings that DHCP is enabled?

--Gael

BTW - your other post was almost an exact duplicate of this one, so I deleted it.
0 Kudos
Ashish_Chauhan
Beginner

Hi - I assume you can ping your AMT System from the OS, but can you get into the Web UI? It kind of looks like the API cannot access AMT. Are you in Small Business Mode? Can you check to make sure under your AMT Configurations / TCP/IP settings that DHCP is enabled?

--Gael

BTW - your other post was almost an exact duplicate of this one, so I deleted it.

Today only i'm not able to ping, but i can connect to AMT system and smoothly getting into Web UI and able to access everything. Yes i'm in Small Business Mode also i checked about DHCP and it was disabled, but i enabled now...

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - Ashish Chauhan

Today only i'm not able to ping, but i can connect to AMT system and smoothly getting into Web UI and able to access everything. Yes i'm in Small Business Mode also i checked about DHCP and it was disabled, but i enabled now...

Thanks.

Were you set up to use Static IP for the AMT? If so, you would need to use the IP address that you assinged to AMT when making the calls to the sample code (not the IP that the OS was assigned.)
0 Kudos
Ashish_Chauhan
Beginner
Quoting - Ashish Chauhan

Thanks.

Were you set up to use Static IP for the AMT? If so, you would need to use the IP address that you assinged to AMT when making the calls to the sample code (not the IP that the OS was assigned.)

In my case both AMT IP and Sytem IP are same, I assigned both the samw, Is it wrong? But i'm able to connect AMT system with the help of 192.168.2.220 only.. I'm bit confused.. Can you elaborate more.

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - Ashish Chauhan

In my case both AMT IP and Sytem IP are same, I assigned both the samw, Is it wrong? But i'm able to connect AMT system with the help of 192.168.2.220 only.. I'm bit confused.. Can you elaborate more.

hmmm.. What AMT version are you running? Can you try this using dhcp rather than static IPs? In the older versions of AMT, you would have to assign a different IP to AMT than what was assigned to the OS (and then of course, you would have to use the AMT IP anytime you wanted to run sample code against AMT.) If I am not mistaken, the IPs can be the same in AMT 4.x and 5.x. Also, you are physically connected to your network (ie you are not operating in a wireless configuration, correct?)

Also, you did assign a host name when configuring AMT, correct?
0 Kudos
Ashish_Chauhan
Beginner

hmmm.. What AMT version are you running? Can you try this using dhcp rather than static IPs? In the older versions of AMT, you would have to assign a different IP to AMT than what was assigned to the OS (and then of course, you would have to use the AMT IP anytime you wanted to run sample code against AMT.) If I am not mistaken, the IPs can be the same in AMT 4.x and 5.x. Also, you are physically connected to your network (ie you are not operating in a wireless configuration, correct?)

Also, you did assign a host name when configuring AMT, correct?

I'm using AMT 5.0 system, I've now enabled DHCP now... Yes i'm physically connected to network, and yes i've assigned host name... I've compiled and successfully executed some of the samples i.e Discovery, Hostname and version string.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Just to clarify,
-Canyoucurrently connect to this client with a remote system?
-Can you currently execute the version sample from the remote system?
-Are you still receiving the same error when running the Remote Control sample from a remote system?
-Are you running sample code that youcompiled from the source in the SDK or you running the pre-compiled binaries located in ...WindowsIntel_AMTBin of the SDK folder?
-Can you successfully run Remote Control commands from a remote system using the WebUI?

0 Kudos
Ashish_Chauhan
Beginner

Just to clarify,
-Canyoucurrently connect to this client with a remote system?
-Can you currently execute the version sample from the remote system?
-Are you still receiving the same error when running the Remote Control sample from a remote system?
-Are you running sample code that youcompiled from the source in the SDK or you running the pre-compiled binaries located in ...WindowsIntel_AMTBin of the SDK folder?
-Can you successfully run Remote Control commands from a remote system using the WebUI?

- Yes i can connect to client with the remote system.
- Yes i did executed version sample successfully.
- Yes i tried from both and was recieving same error.
- Yes same directory.
- As i mentioned earlier i can successfully run and execute commands from WebUI.

P.S
It worked now, As Gael Holmes suggested to enable DHCP, After enabling i thought to revert back the changes and i disabled DHCP and configured the IP and DNS in management engine, and it worked after that.. That was the same configuration before i enable DHCP, I don't know how it worked but finally it executed.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Great, glad to hear it is working now.
0 Kudos