Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

hard drive mapping via IDER

lukasz_poland
Beginner
Hello
I'm working on an application using IDER. I know that I can reboot into remoted floppy or CD, also into .IMG or .ISO file. I'm also able to use files stored on my redirected floppy or CD on my remote computer. But I have a question: is it possible to map a hard drive so I could use files from redirected hard drive on my remoted computer?

Lukasz
0 Kudos
4 Replies
vprosh
Beginner
No, it isn't. map a "hard drive"? OScan hold this.
0 Kudos
lukasz_poland
Beginner
I know that mapping is OS's job, but I didn't how to call the stuff I want to do. When you choose as your redirected CD your CD-ROM drive then in remoted computer you see that drive as your local drive, and you can read and copy those files. The same thing is with floppy. And my question is: is the same thing possible with hard drive, I mean seeing and using data from your local drive on remoted computer with IAMT?

Lukasz
0 Kudos
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The concept of IDE Redirection is to use a remote medium instead of using the local IDE devices. Now the problem you are describing requires you to boot from an image located on the network somewhere. In order for you to access the contents of a remote hard drive, you need to boot from an image that has the network stack built into it. Once you boot into the image, you can map the hard drive in the network and access the contents. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
lukasz_poland
Beginner
Thanks a lot for you answer. I'll try to do everything as you said and I hope it will help.

Lukasz
0 Kudos