Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

how try Danbury technology?

olivier_courtay
Beginner
Hello,
I am interested by try the danbury technology.
How encrypt disk and what kind of key management can be used for enable it.

I have two questions:
- hardware
- software

For the Hardware, I will buy a Dell Optiplex 960. This computer is vPro compliante and AMTv5. This computer support fully danbury ?

For the software, I search the SDK for use Danbury, I have downloaded tha AMDT SDK but see nothing about disk encryption. Can you provide me good link.

Thanks,
Olivier
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jia-Shing_W_Intel
Quoting - olivier.courtay
Hello,
I am interested by try the danbury technology.
How encrypt disk and what kind of key management can be used for enable it.

I have two questions:
- hardware
- software

For the Hardware, I will buy a Dell Optiplex 960. This computer is vPro compliante and AMTv5. This computer support fully danbury ?

For the software, I search the SDK for use Danbury, I have downloaded tha AMDT SDK but see nothing about disk encryption. Can you provide me good link.

Thanks,
Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Thank you for your interest in Danbury (now officially named Intel AT-d Technology).

There has been a POR change and as a result AT-d won't be available this year on the McCreary platform. Intel AT-d is a new innovation which requires extensive design, testing and integration. As it presents risk to the platform schedule, Intel decided to hold its delivery until next year (2010). Intel believes we can deliver the best product to the market by waiting to release this feature, giving more time for development, validation and integration work with partners.

To be more specific to your questions, as you might already know from Intel Developer Forum or news, AT-d encryption and key management are done with a combination of hardware and firmware. Keys are not exposed to main memory so it offers better security than software-based solutions.

Dell Optiplex 960 doesn't support AT-d.

AT-d SDK will not be part of the AMT SDK. Its availability to the public is still TBD.

Again, thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Jia-Shing
0 Kudos
olivier_courtay
Beginner

Hi Olivier,

Thank you for your interest in Danbury (now officially named Intel AT-d Technology).

There has been a POR change and as a result AT-d won't be available this year on the McCreary platform. Intel AT-d is a new innovation which requires extensive design, testing and integration. As it presents risk to the platform schedule, Intel decided to hold its delivery until next year (2010). Intel believes we can deliver the best product to the market by waiting to release this feature, giving more time for development, validation and integration work with partners.

To be more specific to your questions, as you might already know from Intel Developer Forum or news, AT-d encryption and key management are done with a combination of hardware and firmware. Keys are not exposed to main memory so it offers better security than software-based solutions.

Dell Optiplex 960 doesn't support AT-d.

AT-d SDK will not be part of the AMT SDK. Its availability to the public is still TBD.

Again, thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Jia-Shing

Hi,
Thank for your response.

Dell Optiplex 960 doesn't not support AT-D. Do you mean that even in the future with a firmware update, it will continue to not support AT-D ?
In other words: the nedded hardware is not present on P45 or Q45 chipset ?

Thank!
Olivier

0 Kudos
Jia-Shing_W_Intel
Quoting - olivier.courtay

Hi,
Thank for your response.

Dell Optiplex 960 doesn't not support AT-D. Do you mean that even in the future with a firmware update, it will continue to not support AT-D ?
In other words: the nedded hardware is not present on P45 or Q45 chipset ?

Thank!
Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Technically, it has the hardware needed to support AT-d. Intel decided not to deliver the firmware to enable it on the current platform so we can use the resources to improve the quality in future platforms.

Again, thank you for your interest.

Jia-Shing
0 Kudos