Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

How to create new room & enable recording in Basic Sample?

Bipin_Kesharwani
Beginner

Hi, I have installed Intel Collaboration Suite for WebRTC. I am able to connect multiple endpoints and can see mixed stream without any issues. I have 2 questions. I have tried creating new room by changing basicServer.js but not able to achieve. I would like to have at-least 4-5 rooms along with recording option. Could you please help me or share a sample for multiple rooms and recording option.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Blpin,

Could you show me the code trying to create new rooms? We may start from there regarding the API and logic in your basic server implementation.

As for media recording on MCU, 2.0 does not include this feature. And it will be part of our next release!

0 Kudos
Artem_M_
New Contributor I

To make record function you can use https://github.com/streamproc/MediaStreamRecorder

It works great with version 2.0

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

MCU media recording will provide different approach which is done on the server side...

0 Kudos
Bipin_Kesharwani
Beginner

Dear Chunbo,

Thanks for your response. Please find here with attached modified basicServer. I would like to create atleast 5 rooms at when server starts, also if possible to create/join by passing parameters in query-string it would be really great.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Blpin,

According to the code you provided, it seems that you ONLY tried to create 3 rooms, but the logic seems to be OK.

Regarding the room selection during joining conference, we've already provided a query-string key "room" from URL in the released basic example.

0 Kudos
Bipin_Kesharwani
Beginner

Hi Chunbo,

Yes. I have tried creating 3rd room, but when I pass http://serverip:3001/?room=myRoom2 , it shows nothing. Only a blank page in Chrome browser and nothing can be seen in javascript console (no error). Even on server console it is not showing any output of creation of 3rd room while starting (only default 2 rooms created as before). While the default room works well without that querystring parameter on http://serverip:3001 and multiple users can join in the conference.

Any idea where is it going wrong?

0 Kudos
Bipin_Kesharwani
Beginner

Hi Chunbo,

After restarting server, I tried again. I can see following error in Chrome JS console. Can you please have a look and check if you can identify the problem? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Sergey_P_1
Beginner

Hi Chunbo,

You wrote: "As for media recording on MCU, 2.0 does not include this feature. And it will be part of our next release!"

When are you going to publish new realese with 
media recording on MCU? (in a month?)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Blpin,

If you're using basicServer.js you uploaded in your own application, I do not think it will work as the default basic example.

Please refer to extras/basic_example for example. And let me know when you have issues deploying the default basic example.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the continuous support and tryout of our product! I think you will have this new feature in one month or two. :)

0 Kudos
Bipin_Kesharwani
Beginner

Dear Chunbo,

I have modified basicServer.js in  extras/basic_example only. The original basicServer.js is working with single room without any issues. I have not deployed it in my application only changed title and of html page inside extras/basic_example/public . The room parameter still shows nothing if I pass myRoom in querystring in orginal basicServer.js

I have deployed original Intel Collaboration Suite for WebRTC on a different server but same result. Default basic sample is working without any parameters.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Something goes wrong with the query string here: http://serverip:3001/?room=myRoom2

The "room" variable in the query string requires the room ID you've created, not the JS variable name...

0 Kudos
Bipin_Kesharwani
Beginner

Dear Chunbo,

Yes. It is working now. New rooms are created and I can locate it with long room ID instead of room name. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Sure. You're welcome!

Thanks for your tryout and support of our WebRTC product.

0 Kudos
Kiran_Raj_RA
Beginner

Hi, 

Can you please tell me how to find the videoStreamId and audiostreamis to record the video in server is any example available

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

You can get it from stream object metadata from the stream info when join room or new stream added event arrived.

0 Kudos