Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Issue with Room

Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

After updating MCU v 3.2.1 we are facing issue with anyone of the room, not so frequently but sometimes. when restart mcu it works fine

below is the browser log

ERROR: publish failed: Timeout to make rpc to 166c3f2c-3313-358b-11c7-1c3dd51ab4f0.publish

and warning in server log as below

WARN: WebRtcConnection - Bad source SSRC in RTCP feedback packet: 2412642309

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
32 Replies
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Naresh

Can you provide the whole log folder once the error happened? We need that for deep diagnosis.

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

Now the below error appearing very frequently in most of the rooms

ERROR: publish failed: Timeout to make rpc to 166c3f2c-3313-358b-11c7-1c3dd51ab4f0.publish

and warning in server log as below

WARN: WebRtcConnection - Bad source SSRC in RTCP feedback packet: 2412642309

we have to restart MCU everytime with the above error to work properly

Have you gone through with this error before?

Will provide you the entire log folder if we get the error again

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Naresh

Yes, we need the complete log, especially those with debug log open.

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei 

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

I am afraid they are more than 5000 logs generated in log folder, not sure i can send you whole logs as it is heavy 

is there any way we can debug the issue, since it is very critical we have to monitor every room which is practically not possible

and every time we have to restart service with that issue to make it work

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

Attached is the log file, please check if it can be helpful to debug the issue,

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

How about the log file about ERROR: publish failed: Timeout to make rpc to 166c3f2c-3313-358b-11c7-1c3dd51ab4f0.publish? If that's not good for you to post log here, you can also send to webrtc_support@intel.com. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

Below is the browser console log found

3122f9a….js?meteor_js_resource=true:237 Users Added Object {id: "/#hnhIlrZ1BOUnujboAACS", name: "m", role: "presenter"}

3122f9a….js?meteor_js_resource=true:264 INFO: user in conference: Object {id: "/#hnhIlrZ1BOUnujboAACS", name: "m", role: "presenter"}

3122f9a….js?meteor_js_resource=true:237 Users Added Object {id: "/#EVeYoESBOVK-7pXOAACk", name: "m", role: "presenter"}

3122f9a….js?meteor_js_resource=true:264 INFO: user in conference: Object {id: "/#EVeYoESBOVK-7pXOAACk", name: "m", role: "presenter"}

3122f9a….js?meteor_js_resource=true:237 Users Added Objectid: "/#VtaBsqR8cprfdQfPAACw"name: "SuperAdmin"role: "presenter"__proto__: Object

3122f9a….js?meteor_js_resource=true:264 INFO: user in conference: Objectid: "/#VtaBsqR8cprfdQfPAACw"name: "SuperAdmin"role: "presenter"__proto__: Object__defineGetter__: __defineGetter__()__defineSetter__: __defineSetter__()__lookupGetter__: __lookupGetter__()__lookupSetter__: __lookupSetter__()constructor: Object()hasOwnProperty: hasOwnProperty()isPrototypeOf: isPrototypeOf()propertyIsEnumerable: propertyIsEnumerable()toLocaleString: toLocaleString()toString: toString()valueOf: valueOf()get __proto__: __proto__()set __proto__: __proto__()

3122f9a….js?meteor_js_resource=true:264 DEBUG: video dimensions: 640 480

3122f9a….js?meteor_js_resource=true:264 ERROR: publish failed: Timeout to make rpc to e8b8647d-9bbc-6e6d-6bae-f7256d85b124.publish

In the above log video dimensions are 640 480, actually we used 320 240 when we trying to enter

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

When there is a continuos VC call goes in a particular room very frequently, we are facing with above error, since only the rooms which are more active facing the issue

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

Please find the updated console log for the error

woogeen.sdk.js:8 INFO: stream in conference: 583bc71386ef1d0a51626ef4
woogeen.sdk.js:8 INFO: subscribing: 583bc71386ef1d0a51626ef4
woogeen.sdk.js:8 INFO: user in conference: Object {id: "/#W5lRllmv4cO1ffWOAAB0", name: "user", role: "presenter"}
woogeen.sdk.js:8 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'processSignalingMessage' of undefined
    at Socket.<anonymous> (woogeen.sdk.js:8)
    at Socket.Emitter.emit (socket.io.js:3)
    at Socket.onevent (socket.io.js:3)
    at Socket.onpacket (socket.io.js:3)
    at Manager.<anonymous> (socket.io.js:3)
    at Manager.Emitter.emit (socket.io.js:3)
    at Manager.ondecoded (socket.io.js:2)
    at Decoder.<anonymous> (socket.io.js:3)
    at Decoder.Emitter.emit (socket.io.js:2)
    at Decoder.add (socket.io.js:3)
(anonymous) @ woogeen.sdk.js:8
Emitter.emit @ socket.io.js:3
Socket.onevent @ socket.io.js:3
Socket.onpacket @ socket.io.js:3
(anonymous) @ socket.io.js:3
Emitter.emit @ socket.io.js:3
Manager.ondecoded @ socket.io.js:2
Emitter.emit @ socket.io.js:2
Decoder.add @ socket.io.js:3
Manager.ondata @ socket.io.js:2
Socket.onPacket @ socket.io.js:1
(anonymous) @ socket.io.js:1
Transport.onPacket @ socket.io.js:1
Transport.onData @ socket.io.js:1
ws.onmessage @ socket.io.js:1
woogeen.sdk.js:8 ERROR: 583bc71386ef1d0a51626ef4 subscribe failed: Timeout to make rpc to be025591-9e94-b322-703c-d3102fc03e91.subscribe
woogeen.sdk.js:8 ERROR: publish failed: Timeout to make rpc to be025591-9e94-b322-703c-d3102fc03e91.publish

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

Any chance of debugging from above mentioned logs. since we are facing above issue very frequently now, same issue occuring  in all the servers we hosted.

Server Environment

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Software accelerated

MCU v3.2.1

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Naresh

We will look at that. Seems your MCU is distributed deployed. How is the topology. Two possibilities are here, one is the network connection between different components through RabbitMQ are not very stable. The other is some node crashed and no response to rpc call. If you are interested, please also try 3.3 version which also implemented the fault tolerance mechanism to help system recover in case the crash issue occurs

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

We have configured 3.3 MCU with CentOS 7.2.1511, software accelerated, Still the error RPC timeout is there

Below is the browser log and attached server logs

Run SocketIO sample!!
woogeen.sdk.js:8 WARNING: Invalid frame rate value, ignored.
woogeen.sdk.js:8 INFO: stream in conference: 58b54cd94a634e12842d57ff
woogeen.sdk.js:8 INFO: subscribing: 58b54cd94a634e12842d57ff
woogeen.sdk.js:8 INFO: subscribe stream with option: Object
woogeen.sdk.js:8 INFO: user in conference: Object
woogeen.sdk.js:8 ERROR: 58b54cd94a634e12842d57ff subscribe failed: Timeout to make rpc to webrtc.18363901-cb17-9d90-4bbf-f16b12d037cb.9.subscribe
woogeen.sdk.js:8 ERROR: publish failed: Timeout to make rpc to webrtc.18363901-cb17-9d90-4bbf-f16b12d037cb.9.publish

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Angelo_S_
Beginner

Hi Naresh / Lei,

Has this issue been resolved?  We're also seeing the same error on 3.3 on CentOS with a single MCU setup:

ERROR: publish failed: Timeout to make rpc to webrtc.7f1ef55c-b880-8a80-b5c2-4b76e2b5fc88.getNode

This is happening to us in both the Javascript SDK and the Android SDK.  We can't get either platform to publish.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Angelo, Naresh

From the log, that's caused by unstable connection between portal and RabbitMQ. Two suggestions,

1. Make sure RabbitMQ event engine run on dedicated machine or VM to make sure it has enough computing resource. For all in one MCU deployment, when system workload raise, since all node share resource, it's hard to ensure RabbitMQ has enough resource to avoid control messages delay or drop.

2. Separated RabbitMQ event channel for controlling message from heavy internal streaming transmission network.

Generally RabbbitMQ service is critical for cluster management, for large scale production, you even need to RabbitMQ cluster deployment.

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

I think connection between portal and Rabbitmq should be stable, even we have dedicated machine running MCU with only 1 room, when there is more activity like subscribe and unsubscribe the room fails. 

Running Rabbitmq on a different server practically not possible in some scenarios where user will not accept for multiple servers to be hosted for a single solution

This error started from version 3.2 as far i observed

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

If we use woogen sdk v 3.2 in application and MCU version is 3.3 do we get the issue related above for this scenario

However we will check with latest sdk at both application level and mcu level

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Naresh

OK. We suggest to use the same version between SDK and MCU. We haven't tested and don't guarantee the interoperabilityof cross SDK and MCU versions.

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

Even we used similar SDK 3.3 and MCU v 3.3 Software accelerated, OS:CentOS 7.2, its a single mcu with 10 rooms created with no load on any of the rooms, we used single room to connect its the same error after sometime

We have done so many refreshes of webpage since sometimes we cnt see far end video below is the error and attached webrtc log files

ERROR: 58eb7e706f336846ffed8455 subscribe failed: Timeout to make rpc to webrtc.0dad31c6-8ad7-8013-605c-b2c482ba391a.37.subscribe
woogeen.sdk.js:8 

ERROR: publish failed: Timeout to make rpc to webrtc.0dad31c6-8ad7-8013-605c-b2c482ba391a.37.publish

We are facing this issue very frequently when there are so many refreshes or logout/login, we have not even configured cluster deployment, since we are going cloud this kind of issues will make user frustation

Please let me know how to resolve this issue. i am afraid this issue was happening only after 3.2 update

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

Its  happening with Hardware accelerated MCU Also

Test Scenario:

Install Software accelerated MCU on CentOS 7.2 as per the document with ssl certificates and nginx configuration, create a basic example room, connect to the room from multiple browsers or multiple machines refresh multiple times in each browser frequently after few minutes video stops published and throws error.

ERROR: 58eb7e706f336846ffed8455 subscribe failed: Timeout to make rpc to webrtc.0dad31c6-8ad7-8013-605c-b2c482ba391a.37.subscribe
woogeen.sdk.js:8 

ERROR: publish failed: Timeout to make rpc to webrtc.0dad31c6-8ad7-8013-605c-b2c482ba391a.37.publish

Restarting webrtc-agent worked.but this will not a solution it affects remaining rooms

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Lei Zhai (Intel) wrote:

Hi, Naresh

We will look at that. Seems your MCU is distributed deployed. How is the topology. Two possibilities are here, one is the network connection between different components through RabbitMQ are not very stable. The other is some node crashed and no response to rpc call. If you are interested, please also try 3.3 version which also implemented the fault tolerance mechanism to help system recover in case the crash issue occurs

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

Complete node is not getting crashed here, other rooms are working when the error comes with 1 room. restarting webrtc-agent works but other rooms also get affect when we restart webrtc-agent.

here webrtc-agent for a single room is getting crashed i believe and throwing error RPC Timeout to publish

Even tried with MCU 3.3.1 its giving the same issue, also please let me know how to configure external rabbitmq server with MCU, which version of rabbitmq is required

Regards

Naresh

0 Kudos