Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
1136 Discussions

Issue with compilation of SVT-HEVC Encoder Library in v.4.2

Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

When I am doing fresh and clean installation of Intel CS for WebRTC framework v.4.2 (CentOS 7.x), I am unable to compile the SVT-HEVC Encoder Library. I am following the official documentation from Intel (Section 2.3.6 Deploy SVT-HEVC Encoder Library). When I am executing "sudo ./compile_svtHevcEncoder.sh" command from Release-<Version>/video_agent folder, I am not getting any error or anything. Simply, operating system console prompt ($) is coming. libSvtHevcEnc.so.1 is also not generating. Can anybody explain how to compile this properly? Does it work on CentOS? Or It works on Ubuntu only? Because, I noticed that it supports Ubuntu OS in their official web site (https://github.com/OpenVisualCloud/SVT-HEVC).

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Currently, SVT-HEVC feature is only available in Ubuntu software version, it is not enabled in CentOS version, please use v4.2 Ubuntu package to have a try.

Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Qiujiao,

Thank you very much for your reply. Could you please confirm whether the support of SVT-HEVC feature on CentOS is in your product roadmap or not?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

Chandramouli_P
Beginner