Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Need Proper Conformation regarding Media cabability for WebRTC

Ashwin_Kumar_M_
Beginner

Hi,

I need stream video using WebRTC, so I need clear conformation regarding the Encoding and Decoding details regarding the Cherry Trail SoC, and its complete media capability, aso the support for WebRTC in it. I googled a lot to find this information, but I could find only one information which i have attached. Please provide me the complete details vor the WebRTC support in Cherry Trail and it Video Transcoding(vp8, h264, encoding and decoding) capabilities.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ashwin, 

Thank you for contacting Intel support. This is not correct forum for this question, I have moved your question to WebRTC forum, folks who support WebRTC product will help you with your query. 

Thanks,
​Surbhi

0 Kudos
Ashwin_Kumar_M_
Beginner

Thank you very much, but coud u give me clear conformation regarding the Encoding and Decoding details regarding the Cherry Trail SoC, and its complete media capability. Previously i have attached a file which i got fome somewhere, but i need complete conformed details regarding Cherry Trail and its Video Transcoding(vp8, h264, encoding and decoding) capabilities.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Ashwin,

For CherryTrail,  using both upstream WebRTC stack or Intel optimized WebRTC stack, H264/VP8 hardware encode/decode acceleration is fully supported up to 1080p.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ashwin_Kumar_M_
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply. I need to know two things.

1.  Where can I find the complete Datasheet for the Cherry Trail SoC (for all x3, x5, x7) ?

2.  How can i use the hardware encoder(vp8) for streaming video using webrtc ? (i need to stream video directly from a camera which will be attached to the device via USB having CherryTrail processor, it needs to be streamed in VP8 for chrome)

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Regarding the camera attached via USB, do you mean by a CherryTrail-Windows platform, not Android?

0 Kudos
Ashwin_Kumar_M_
Beginner

I will be using the WebRTC firmware given by the Intel.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

I mean on which OS host you use the camera attached via USB? Windows? Android? Or some kind of Linux?

0 Kudos
Ashwin_Kumar_M_
Beginner

I might be using Ubuntu Server edition since we don't need graphical interface.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Are you planning to use Cherry Trail as WebRTC server or client?

For now, we have the encode and decode acceleration on Cherry Trail with Android, and decode acceleration on Cherry Trail with Windows. But no encode acceleration on Windows now. Regarding Ubuntu Server, can you find the drives for your Cherry Trail SoC?

0 Kudos
Ashwin_Kumar_M_
Beginner

I will be using Cherry Trail SoC as client.

Oops, it will be difficult for me to find the drivers. But i don't know how should stream the video directly from the camera using Android (in WebRTC). I was able to do it easily using my PC with Ubuntu.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

OK. It seems you haven't started to enable WebRTC stack on your client. Let me know if you have further information or plan.

0 Kudos