Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Some feature requests

Piet_P_
Beginner
Hello everyone, the platform has been working great for me except I'm missing some important features for our use case so I have a few feature requests for the WebRTC platform: - Be able to detect a video or audio mute from a remote stream - Be able to change the audio stream from STREAM_VOICE_CALL to another like STREAM_MUSIC on Android (see https://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/AudioManager.html) - Have a callback for audio levels per stream(to visualize audio in the user interface) - Be able to control the volume of the audio per stream I hope you can help me with my requests, thanks in advance
0 Kudos
4 Replies
He_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Piet,

1. We will evaluate this request.
  2. Currently the output audio track is STREAM_VOICE_CALL as logically the stream is for voice phone call. We will evaluate your request for this.
  3. We have getAudioLevel and getConnectionStats APIs that you can use to get the audio levels for each stream
  4. The audio streams shares the same audio source, so can't control the value for each stream, unless you have some way to doing it on the receving side.
0 Kudos
Piet_P_
Beginner
Hello He, Thank you for your response. I was completely unaware of the ConnectionStats class and I got this working so thank you for the heads up. I understand the STREAM_VOICE_CALL seems logical, unfortunately there are many devices that do not allow full volume control over this stream(mandatory minimum volume or no control at all, Activity.setVolumeControlStream() will result in no change of control). Being able to change the stream to STREAM_MUSIC for example will allow full control on any device. I see my last request was not clear so I will try to clarify. When receiving separate RemoteCameraStreams(not mixed) volume control of a single stream can be useful when a single user has louder, more silent or a noisy background when conference calling. Volume control of the the audio stream that you send out could also be useful.
0 Kudos
Piet_P_
Beginner
Hello He, Please not that my issue is not resolved, being able to change the audio stream from STREAM_VOICE_CALL to STREAM_MUSIC is very important to our project. Our users are unable to change their volume because the device does not allow control over the voice stream volume. I hope to hear from you
0 Kudos
He_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Piet, If you have special business requirement, please try to contact webrtc_support@intel.com.

0 Kudos