Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1788 Discussions

Error make fpga!!!!

ruma
Beginner

Hello!!

Can you help me please!!

When I compile and execute the example ac_fixed in FPGA device with the instruction "make fpga", I have the next error. I put the image. How I can solucionate, please???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u114512@s001-n061:~/oneAPI-samples-master_2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed/build$ make fpga
Scanning dependencies of target ac_fixed.fpga
[ 50%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/ac_fixed.fpga.dir/ac_fixed.cpp.o
[100%] Linking CXX executable ../ac_fixed.fpga
warning: -reuse-exe file '/home/u114512/oneAPI-samples-master_2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed/build/ac_fixed.fpga' not found; ignored
aoc: Compiling for FPGA. This process may take several hours to complete. Prior to performing this compile, be sure to check the reports to ensure the design will meet your performance targets. If the reports indicate performance targets are not being met, code edits may be required. Please refer to the oneAPI FPGA Optimization Guide for information on performance tuning applications for FPGAs.
Error: The board package being used only supports report generation/emulation/runtime, please use the board package shipped in the FPGA addon instead.
Error: Exiting.

llvm-foreach:
icpx: error: fpga compiler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[3]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/ac_fixed.fpga.dir/build.make:84: ac_fixed.fpga] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:129: src/CMakeFiles/ac_fixed.fpga.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:109: src/CMakeFiles/fpga.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:118: fpga] Error 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards.-

Ruma

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for reporting the same.

We have reported this issue to the development team, and it should be fixed soon.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel communities.

We could see that there is a similar case which you posted, https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/Error-make-report/m-p/1453474 , where the error is similar.

We have already informed the admin team regarding this. They are working on it. Once it is resolved we hope that this particular issue will also be resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. Could you please give an update?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ruma
Beginner

Hello Rahila

I have the same error, Can you help me? This error is when I want to compile and execute wathever example in arria 10 or stratix 10. The emulation is good but in the device have error. This is the process step by step:

1.- ruben@DESKTOP-FGKG264:~$ ssh devcloud

2.- u114512@login-2:~$ qsub -I -l walltime=24:00:00 -l nodes=1:fpga_runtime:ppn=2 -d .

3.- u114512@s001-n143:~$ aocl diagnose

4.- u114512@s001-n143:~$ cd oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/

5.- u114512@s001-n143:~/oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed$ cd build/
u114512@s001-n143:~/oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed/build$ cmake ..

6.- u114512@s001-n143:~/oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed/build$ make fpga_emu
[100%] Built target ac_fixed.fpga_emu
[100%] Built target fpga_emu

7.- u114512@s001-n143:~/oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed/build$ ./ac_fixed.fpga_emu

8.- 

u114512@s001-n143:~/oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed/build$ make fpga
[ 50%] Linking CXX executable ../ac_fixed.fpga
warning: -reuse-exe file '/home/u114512/oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed/build/ac_fixed.fpga' not found; ignored
aoc: Compiling for FPGA. This process may take several hours to complete. Prior to performing this compile, be sure to check the reports to ensure the design will meet your performance targets. If the reports indicate performance targets are not being met, code edits may be required. Please refer to the oneAPI FPGA Optimization Guide for information on performance tuning applications for FPGAs.
Error: The board package being used only supports report generation/emulation/runtime, please use the board package shipped in the FPGA addon instead.
Error: Exiting.

llvm-foreach:
icpx: error: fpga compiler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
src/CMakeFiles/ac_fixed.fpga.dir/build.make:94: recipe for target 'ac_fixed.fpga' failed
make[3]: *** [ac_fixed.fpga] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:93: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/ac_fixed.fpga.dir/all' failed
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/ac_fixed.fpga.dir/all] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:302: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/fpga.dir/rule' failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/fpga.dir/rule] Error 2
Makefile:196: recipe for target 'fpga' failed
make: *** [fpga] Error 2

Atachment pictures, hope me help please...

Best regards.-

Rubén

0 Kudos
irpeitzsch
Novice

Hi, I am not the original poster, but I am still having this problem. Are there any updates on the progress of fixing this issue?

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for reporting the same.

We have reported this issue to the development team, and it should be fixed soon.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ruma
Beginner

Dear Rahila

Thanks a lot for all, and the development team too. This issue is fixed.

Best regards.-

Rubén

0 Kudos
wan1
Beginner

Hi ruben,

I met the same problem, could you please share how to solve it? 

0 Kudos
ruma
Beginner

Hello Wan

You need to follow the next steps:

1.- ruben@DESKTOP-FGKG264:~$ ssh devcloud

2.- u114512@login-2:~$ qsub -I -l walltime=24:00:00 -l nodes=1:fpga_runtime:ppn=2 -d .

3.- u114512@s001-n143:~$ aocl diagnose

4.- u114512@s001-n143:~$ cd oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/

5.- u114512@s001-n143:~/oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed$ cd build/
u114512@s001-n143:~/oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed/build$ cmake ..

6.- u114512@s001-n143:~/oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed/build$ make fpga_emu
[100%] Built target ac_fixed.fpga_emu
[100%] Built target fpga_emu

7.- u114512@s001-n143:~/oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed/build$ ./ac_fixed.fpga_emu

8.- 

u114512@s001-n143:~/oneAPI-samples-2023/DirectProgramming/C++SYCL_FPGA/Tutorials/Features/ac_fixed/build$ make fpga

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. 

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need further assistance, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks

0 Kudos