Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1627 Discussions

Regarding No suitable PAC found

Sam_zoho
Beginner

Hi,

I'm working on intel devcloud. I'm working on Arria 10 PAC: RTL AFU Compilation and Programming on the FPGA devcloud using Arria 10 Devstack version 1.2 / 1.2.1. 

While going through the documentation, I'm having an issue on step 3.3 of documentation (https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/blob/master/main/QuickStartGuides/RTL_AFU_Program_PAC_Quickstart/Arria10/README.md).

This is the error I get, when I try to download the bit stream into PAC card.

u182719@s005-n004:~/A10_RTL_AFU/v1.2.1/dma_afu/build_synth$ fpgasupdate dma_afu_compile_unsigned.gbs
[2023-01-31 22:39:29,652] [ERROR ] No suitable PAC found.

Also when I tried to find a PAC card, there wasn't one available. (

lspci | grep accel)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

We were able to replicate the issue from our side. Apologies that the notebook is not working as intended. We have informed the development regarding this issue and thanks for reporting the same. 

We will get back to you with an update soon.

Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
Sam_zoho
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you JJ.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

Apologies for the delay.

The issue has been resolved.

Output of Step 3.3:

uXXXX@s005-n007:~/A10_RTL_AFU/dma_afu/build_synth$ fpgasupdate dma_afu_compile_unsigned.gbs
[2023-02-15 02:54:14,169] [WARNING ] Update starting. Please do not interrupt.
[2023-02-15 02:54:17,335] [INFO  ]
Partial Reconfiguration OK
[2023-02-15 02:54:17,335] [INFO  ] Total time: 0:00:03.166123

The output of the quick start guide run (Step 3.4) is also attached for reference.

If this resolves your query, kindly click the “Accept as Solution” button to indicate that the query has been resolved. This might be helpful for others who is facing similar issues. 

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

We have not received any update from you.

Can you confirm if the issue is resolved for you? If yes, kindly click the “Accept as Solution” button to indicate that the query has been resolved. This might be helpful for others who is facing similar issues. Otherwise, do get back to us so that we can assist you further.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos
AnaWilliam850
New Contributor I

Hi! 

The error message "No suitable PAC found" suggests that the fpgasupdate utility is not able to locate a suitable PAC card. This could be due to a few reasons:

1. The PAC card is not physically connected to the system or is not properly recognized by the system.
  2. The PAC card is being used by another user or is not available on the devcloud at the moment.
  3. The FPGA drivers are not installed or not configured properly.

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check that the PAC card is properly connected to the system and recognized by the operating system. You can use the lspci command to list all the PCI devices connected to the system, including the PAC card. Make sure that the device ID and vendor ID match the expected values for the Arria 10 PAC.

2. Check that the PAC card is not being used by another user or process. You can use the fpgainfo command to get information about the FPGA devices on the system and their usage.

3. Check that the FPGA drivers are installed and configured properly. You can use the lsmod command to list all the loaded kernel modules and check that the FPGA driver modules are present.

4. If you still cannot find a suitable PAC card, you can try contacting the support team for the devcloud to ask if there are any known issues or restrictions with using PAC cards on the devcloud, or if there are any specific steps you need to follow to access a PAC card.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
JyothisV_Intel

Hi,

Good day to you.

We have not received any update from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

If you have a new query or need assistance with any of the Intel products or services, kindly post a new question.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothis V James

0 Kudos