Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud

Walltime limit

MoumenAwad
Beginner

Hello there,

my job is limited to 10 minutes of walltime and somehow I can increase it to 20 minutes, can you please explain to me how can I reach the hours limit? 

I have an educational project which requires a lot more than 20 minutes to execute and conclude the results

Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi MoumenAwad,

You have an academia account which has a walltime limit of 20 minutes. I will send you a private message to gather additional information about your project requirements.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DiyaN_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

By default, a node is always reserved for 6 hours. We have the option to extend it upto 24 hours using the syntax as shown below:

qsub -I -l nodes=1:<property1>:<property2>ppn=2 -d . -l walltime=24:00:00

eg : 

qsub -I -l nodes=1:gpu:ppn=2 -d . -l walltime=24:00:00

If you are still facing any issues kindly get back to us with the following information so that we can assist you better:

1. Which Intel Devcloud are you using:  Intel DevCloud for Edge or Intel DevCloud for oneAPI ?

2.  A sample reproducer code along with the exact commands that you used to submit the job.

If this resolves your issue, make sure to accept this as a solution.
This would help others with similar issue. Thank you!

Regards,

Diya

0 Kudos
MoumenAwad
Beginner

Thank you for your response, 

I'm using both Intel DevCloud for Edge and Intel DevCloud for oneAPI
I read in the community that Intel DevCloud for Edge has a default walltime of 10 minutes and 20 minutes at maximum (academia)

and my colleagues are using Intel DevCloud for oneAPI
I'm actually struggling in both to execute Python files or bash files using the "qsub" command 

Regards.

Moumen

0 Kudos
DiyaN_Intel

Hi,

The following are the steps to execute a python script using qsub command in Intel DevCloud for oneAPI.

This can be done in two ways: Batch mode and Interactive mode

You can list the types of nodes that are available in Intel Devcloud for oneAPI by running the following command:

pbsnodes | grep properties | sort | uniq -c

Once you decide on the node in which you wish to execute the python script use any of the two methods:

1. Batch mode : 

Create a script file job.sh for job submission that contains the following lines:

#!/bin/bash
python test.py

The job.sh is a shell script inside which we provide the instruction to run the code as given above.As an example, we have have created a python program named "test.py".

Now to submit the job to a specific node use the following command:

qsub -l nodes=1:<property1>:<property2>ppn=2 -d . job.sh -l walltime=24:00:00

for example:

qsub -l nodes=1:gpu:ppn=2 -d . job.sh -l walltime=24:00:00

The above command will request for a node that satisfies the property and execute the contents of job.sh in that node.

Once the execution is complete or the wall-time is reached, it will exit automatically. Two files will be created namely job.sh.oXXXXXX and job.sh.eXXXXXX where 'job.sh.oXXXXXX' is the output file and 'job.sh.eXXXXXX' is the error file and 'XXXXXX' is the job ID. You can monitor the status of the submitted jobs using qstat command.

2. Interactive mode:

Use the qsub command to request for a interactive node that satisfies the property using the below command.

qsub -I -l nodes=1:<property1>:<property2>ppn=2 -d . -l walltime=24:00:00

for eg:

qsub -I -l nodes=1:gpu:ppn=2 -d . -l walltime=24:00:00

This will log you in to the requested node where you can execute python programs directly with the below command:

python test.py

The outputs and errors will be displayed interactively inside this node.

To know more about the job submission on Intel DevCloud please click on this link https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/job-submission/

>> I'm using both Intel DevCloud for Edge and Intel DevCloud for oneAPI. I read in the community that Intel DevCloud for Edge has a default walltime of 10 minutes and 20 minutes at maximum (academia)

As the above query which you mentioned is related to Intel DevCloud for Edge , we will forward it to the respective team to assist you further.

Regards,

Diya

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi MoumenAwad,

You have an academia account which has a walltime limit of 20 minutes. I will send you a private message to gather additional information about your project requirements.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

0 Kudos