Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1641 Discussions

arria-10-won-t-work-devcloud-implementation-fails-2-continuation-first option-fails-ACL

AVolo2
Novice

I've noticed that server fingerprints changed

Next discovery was that it won't connect to the node 1; because the user lost membership in respective goup

(Unauthorized Request MSG=group ACL is not satisfied: user u155004@login-2.aidevcloud, queue batch)

who could add the group membership?

@login-2:~$ . /data/intel_fpga/devcloudLoginToolSetup.sh

login-2:~$ devcloud_login 
 devcloud_login 

You are selecting an interactive compute server sesssion. Please consider using batch mode submission using
devcloud_login -b to not tie up compute servers with idle sessions.
See the help menu using devcloud_login -h for more details.

What are you trying to use the Devcloud for? 

1) Arria 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL
2) Arria 10 - OneAPI, OpenVINO
3) Stratix 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL
4) Stratix 10 - OneAPI, OpenVINO
5) Compilation (Command Line) Only
6) Enter Specific Node Number
1) 1.2.1

Number: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For X2GO tunneling access. For users connected to intel firewall, copy and paste the following text in a new mobaxterm terminal:  

ssh -L 4002:s005-n003:22 colfax-intel 

For X2GO tunneling access. For users NOT connected to intel firewall, copy and paste the following text in a new mobaxterm terminal:  

ssh -L 4002:s005-n003:22 devcloud 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

running: qsub -q batch@v-qsvr-fpga -I -l nodes=s005-n003:ppn=2
qsub: submit error (Unauthorized Request  MSG=group ACL is not satisfied: user u1--redacted--@login-2.aidevcloud, queue batch)

(Unauthorized Request MSG=group ACL is not satisfied: user u1--redacted--@login-2.aidevcloud, queue batch)

What happened to the first node? is there any option to  connect to the 1 option from the list?

2) Arria 10 - OneAPI, OpenVINO
umber: 2
running: qsub -I -l nodes=s001-n083:ppn=2
qsub: waiting for job 1940542.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud to start
qsub: job 1940542.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud ready

########################################################################
#      Date:           Tue Jun 28 15:49:02 PDT 2022
#    Job ID:           1940542.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud
#      User:           u1--redacted
# Resources:           neednodes=s001-n083:ppn=2,nodes=s001-n083:ppn=2,walltime=06:00:00
########################################################################

u--redacted@s001-n083:~$

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AVolo2
Novice

update:

The issue has been resolved with node access

It turned out it was due to lack of user group association

However, Now I am trying to find how to run batch example, as the reference documentation steps will result in the output below

devcloud_login -b A10PAC 1.2.1 A10_v1.2.1_opencl_batch.sh
qsub: script file 'A10_v1.2.1_opencl_batch.sh' cannot be loaded - No such file or directory
0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AVolo2,

Apologies for the inconvenient of the node access issues, good to know that it is being resolved now.

As for example on running batch job submission, below are the link where there are guides to launch and managed the jobs in devcloud platform.

https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/job-submission/

Hope that is what you are looking for and clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AVolo2,

Greetings, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.

Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
AVolo2
Novice

@BoonBengT_Intel 

Thank you for following up

For me it was more straightforward to try exact steps from the url below than adjust generic vague instructions to submit something somehow with https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/job-submission/ which I yet haven't been able to figure out how to try on any basic sample

A> By doing a batch submission on the steps #4 in the link you have above, that would output the log into 2 seperate files which will help to us understand the compilation even if connection timeout.
https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/QuickStartGuides/OpenCL_Program_PAC_Quickstart/Arria%2010#4batch-submission

@BoonBengT_Intel wrote:

Hi @AVolo2,

Greetings, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.

Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
AVolo2
Novice

I will try again

0 Kudos
AVolo2
Novice

@BoonBengT_Intel 

so far following the updated steps trying to follow them step by step I have come to the following situation

cat  job.sh
source /glob/development-tools/versions/fpgasupportstack/a10/1.2.1/intelFPGA_pro/hld/init_opencl.sh
source /glob/development-tools/versions/fpgasupportstack/a10/1.2.1/inteldevstack/init_env.sh
export FPGA_BBB_CCI_src=/usr/local/intel-fpga-bbb
export PATH=/glob/intel-python/python2/bin:${PATH}
source /glob/development-tools/versions/fpgasupportstack/d5005/2.0.1/inteldevstack/init_env.sh
source /glob/development-tools/versions/fpgasupportstack/d5005/2.0.1/inteldevstack/hld/init_opencl.sh
u1@s005-n007:~$ qsub -l nodes=1:gpu:ppn=2 -d . job.sh
qsub: submit error (Job exceeds queue resource limits MSG=cannot locate feasible nodes (nodes file is empty, all systems are busy, or no nodes have the requested feature))
u@s005-n007:~$ 

with github steps this command would not execute

devcloud_login -b A10PAC 1.2.1 A10_v1.2.1_opencl_batch.sh

It seems to me that the former [ not github one] instruction is vague/ needs revision

while the github isntruction is exact, but not supported

0 Kudos
AVolo2
Novice

after exiting the node, however, the result differ, also after commenting out half og the jopb.sh file

u155004@login-2:~$ cat job.sh 
source /glob/development-tools/versions/fpgasupportstack/a10/1.2.1/intelFPGA_pro/hld/init_opencl.sh
source /glob/development-tools/versions/fpgasupportstack/a10/1.2.1/inteldevstack/init_env.sh
#source /glob/development-tools/versions/fpgasupportstack/d5005/2.0.1/inteldevstack/init_env.sh
#source /glob/development-tools/versions/fpgasupportstack/d5005/2.0.1/inteldevstack/hld/init_opencl.sh
#export FPGA_BBB_CCI_src=/usr/local/intel-fpga-bbb
#export PATH=/glob/intel-python/python2/bin:${PATH}
u@login-2:~$ qsub -l nodes=1:gpu:ppn=2 -d . job.sh
1956777.v-qsvr-1.aidevcloud
u@login-2:~$ 
0 Kudos
AVolo2
Novice

from the output above it is difficult to know the status of the execution, in my opinion

0 Kudos
AVolo2
Novice

hat is content of the file below? I do not have it created

build_fpga_hw.sh
0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AVolo2,

The section in the link above might not have dependencies among each other, they are just to explain the specific scenario.

To know the status of the execution, you should be able to do so by running the 'watch' command in the 'How to monitor jobs' which shows the running job.

Once job completed a .e and .o files would be generate indicating the output or error of the submission.

To get the entire flow, I would suggest to refer to the walkthrough below:

https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi/documentation/base-toolkit/

Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AVolo2,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification/updates on the matter, hence would assume challenge are overcome, and will no longer monitor this thread. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos