Intel® DevCloud
Help for those needing help starting or connecting to the Intel® DevCloud
1760 Discussions

user id changed? unable to access devcloud

indx
Beginner

I've been using devcloud for multiple months now for a variety of different reasons, I noticed today I'm no longer able to connect met with the error

uxxxxxx@devcloud: Permission denied (publickey).

I've contacted support about the issue and was recommended to ask here, initially I followed steps recommended in this thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-DevCloud/DevCloud-Permission-Denied-Public-Key/td-p/1403892

using jupyter lab examples to check user information, and I noticed that the user id listed for a job when running qstat was not the same as my typical user id. I'm not sure why that would happen, but I had some information on my account that would be difficult to move forward without.

It seems that some other users are having a similar issue at least based off the error message used in other posts, although I haven't seen anything about the user id changing, I've had no issues accessing devcloud on my system in the past.

My main concern isn't getting my data back or being able to access it, worst case I can start over without issue, but I need to know for sure that if this is a bug no one has access to my previous user id or the data connected to that id has been wiped

if anything is unclear I can provide more information all help is appreciated.
thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

To ensure the account remains active in the future, please follow these steps:

1) Login to https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi

2) You can find your account's expiry date displayed at the top right corner after login as shown in the screenshot:

ThasneemV_Intel_0-1695710953902.png

3) You can also request access extension through Request Extension Button as shown in the screenshot:

ThasneemV_Intel_1-1695710982912.png

If this resolves your issue, kindly mark this as a solution as this might help others with a similar issue.

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Could you please let us know which DevCloud (DevCloud for oneAPI or DevCloud for Edge) you are using?Additionally, we have reached out to you through internal communication. Please respond to your private messages.

Regards,

Thasneem vazim

0 Kudos
indx
Beginner

Yes, of course, I am using Devcloud for OneAPI

Thanks

0 Kudos
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to us with the user IDs privately.

>> My main concern isn't getting my data back or being able to access it, worst case I can start over without issue, but I need to know for sure that if this is a bug no one has access to my previous user id or the data connected to that id has been wiped.

Since your previous account is now expired, no one can access it and we do not backup or recover expired accounts.

If you are still facing any issues, kindly get back to us.

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

0 Kudos
indx
Beginner

Thank you,

Is there any way to know if/when this will happen again in the future? Also, is there any way to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

To ensure the account remains active in the future, please follow these steps:

1) Login to https://devcloud.intel.com/oneapi

2) You can find your account's expiry date displayed at the top right corner after login as shown in the screenshot:

ThasneemV_Intel_0-1695710953902.png

3) You can also request access extension through Request Extension Button as shown in the screenshot:

ThasneemV_Intel_1-1695710982912.png

If this resolves your issue, kindly mark this as a solution as this might help others with a similar issue.

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

0 Kudos
ThasneemV_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Thasneem Vazim

0 Kudos