Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

019R3 security_barrier_camera_demo comipled on raspberry pi

es__we
Beginner

There is not security_barrier_camera_demo in the package installed on raspberry pi. So I move the file in Ubuntu package to raspberry pi and compile. However, an error occurs:

[  7%] Built target gflags_nothreads_static
[ 96%] Built target ie_cpu_extension
[ 98%] Building CXX object security_barrier_camera_demo/CMakeFiles/security_barrier_camera_demo.dir/main.cpp.o
/opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/security_barrier_camera_demo/main.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
/opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/security_barrier_camera_demo/main.cpp:701:46: error: ‘parseDevices’ was not declared in this scope
             for (const std::string& device : parseDevices(netDevices)) {
                                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~
/opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/security_barrier_camera_demo/main.cpp:701:46: note: suggested alternative: ‘netDevices’
             for (const std::string& device : parseDevices(netDevices)) {
                                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~
                                              netDevices
/opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/security_barrier_camera_demo/main.cpp:705:59: error: ‘parseValuePerDevice’ was not declared in this scope
         std::map<std::string, uint32_t> device_nstreams = parseValuePerDevice(devices, FLAGS_nstreams);
                                                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
make[3]: *** [security_barrier_camera_demo/CMakeFiles/security_barrier_camera_demo.dir/build.make:63: security_barrier_camera_demo/CMakeFiles/security_barrier_camera_demo.dir/main.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:695: security_barrier_camera_demo/CMakeFiles/security_barrier_camera_demo.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:707: security_barrier_camera_demo/CMakeFiles/security_barrier_camera_demo.dir/rule] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:307: security_barrier_camera_demo] Error 2

I don't know why. 
System: Raspberry pi 3B+ Buster, python3.7, openvino on raspberry pi: l_openvino_toolkit_runtime_raspbian_p_2019.3.334.tgz
openvino on ubuntu18.04: l_openvino_toolkit_p_2019.3.376.tgz 
Should I install the  l_openvino_toolkit_p_2019.3.334.tgz on ubuntu18.04?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi we,

The demos were removed from the OpenVINO Raspberry Pi package to reduce the package size. You will need to get the demos from the Open Model Zoo Github repository and compile on the Raspberry Pi. Use the following commands to clone, build and run the demos on the Raspberry Pi.

source /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh
git clone https://github.com/opencv/open_model_zoo.git
cd open_model_zoo/demos/
mkdir build && cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a" ../.
make -j2 security_barrier_camera_demo
./armv7l/Release/security_barrier_camera_demo

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
es__we
Beginner

Thanks, Jesus, I can compile it correctly, but when I try to run it according to the instruction, another error occurs:

[ INFO ] Loading detection model to the MYRIAD plugin
[ ERROR ] filesize for: security_barrier_camera_demo/vehicle-license-plate-detection-barrier-0106.bin - -1<0. Please, check weights file existence.

Should I put the file "vehicle-license-plate-detection-barrier-0106.bin" in the same directory as "xxx.xml"? It seems that the tutorial doesn't mention it.

@Jesus E. (Intel)

0 Kudos
es__we
Beginner

Jesus E. (Intel) wrote:

Hi we,

The demos were removed from the OpenVINO Raspberry Pi package to reduce the package size. You will need to get the demos from the Open Model Zoo Github repository and compile on the Raspberry Pi. Use the following commands to clone, build and run the demos on the Raspberry Pi.

source /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh
git clone https://github.com/opencv/open_model_zoo.git
cd open_model_zoo/demos/
mkdir build && cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a" ../.
make -j2 security_barrier_camera_demo
./armv7l/Release/security_barrier_camera_demo

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Jesus

Another question: If I want to use my IR model on raspberry pi, should I still compile some files on it? However, what I have is only IR model and I don't have such files like that in demos. How can I do? Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi we,

The demo is expecting the .xml file to be specified with the -m flag but both the .xml & .bin need to be located in the same directory. The OpenVINO toolkit for Raspbian OS does not include the model optimizer. In order to use your own model, you will need to use the model optimizer on a full version of the OpenVINO Toolkit as mentioned in the workflow for Raspberry Pi section.

Take a look at the Inference Engine Demos readme, it has a list of all the demos and what models it supports.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos