Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Building (linking?) error with demo_security_barrier.sh

Martinez__Cesar
Beginner

Hi, I just installed OpenVINO in Ubuntu 16.04, all the dependencies, successfully run classification_sample_async but when tried to build demo #2, got the following errors:

...[building until here:]

[ 95%] Built target ie_cpu_extension
[ 97%] Building CXX object security_barrier_camera_demo/CMakeFiles/security_barrier_camera_demo.dir/main.cpp.o
[100%] Linking CXX executable ../intel64/Release/security_barrier_camera_demo
/home/cesar/anaconda3/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-conda_cos6-linux-gnu/7.3.0/../../../../x86_64-conda_cos6-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0, needed by /opt/intel/openvino_2019.3.376/opencv/lib/libopencv_highgui.so.4.1.2, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/home/cesar/anaconda3/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-conda_cos6-linux-gnu/7.3.0/../../../../x86_64-conda_cos6-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0, needed by /opt/intel/openvino_2019.3.376/opencv/lib/libopencv_highgui.so.4.1.2, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

and many more lines like that, then lines like:

/home/cesar/anaconda3/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-conda_cos6-linux-gnu/7.3.0/../../../../x86_64-conda_cos6-linux-gnu/bin/ld: /opt/intel/openvino_2019.3.376/opencv/lib/libopencv_highgui.so.4.1.2: undefined reference to `g_time_val_add'
/home/cesar/anaconda3/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-conda_cos6-linux-gnu/7.3.0/../../../../x86_64-conda_cos6-linux-gnu/bin/ld: /opt/intel/openvino_2019.3.376/opencv/lib/libopencv_highgui.so.4.1.2: undefined reference to `gtk_widget_queue_draw'
/home/cesar/anaconda3/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-conda_cos6-linux-gnu/7.3.0/../../../../x86_64-conda_cos6-linux-gnu/bin/ld: /opt/intel/openvino_2019.3.376/opencv/lib/libopencv_highgui.so.4.1.2: undefined reference to `gtk_file_chooser_add_filter'

and many more 'undefined refererences' until:

make: *** [security_barrier_camera_demo] Error 2
Error on or near line 189; exiting with status 1

I couldn't find a similar problem/solution, ¿can anyone help me?
Thanks and best regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Cesar,

It looks like you are running OpenVINO from a Anaconda virtual environment. I have not tried this myself and there may be additional steps required. Could you try installing the OpenVINO toolkit on your system without the virtual environment?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Martinez__Cesar
Beginner

Yes, you are right, I'm working inside a conda environment.

I'll try your suggestion and let you know.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

No problem, please let me know how it goes!

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

You have to install GTK2 either to the system, either to the conda environment (e.g. this package: https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/gtk2).

0 Kudos