Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Cannot be able to import IECore after installing OpenVino On Arm*64

BuuVo
New Contributor I

Hello all,

I am using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS OS on ARM*64 architecture. Following this article https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/arm64-sbc-and-ncs2.html I successfully installed Openvino on my device. However, when I call IECore in my scripts I got this error:

</from openvino.inference_engine import IECore

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openvino'>

I found the setupvars.sh in ~/openvino/scripts/setupvars/setupvars.sh to activate Openvino environment, but I got this error also. I am trying to find openvino library and copy its to python  PATH file, unfortunately I cannot find any openvino lib of arm64 architecture.

Any one got this problem? Please let me know if you have any solution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
BuuVo
New Contributor I

In additional, I checked my installation file, and I didn't find find this file:

<OpenVINO folder>/inference-engine/bin/intel64/
0 Kudos
BuuVo
New Contributor I

I checked all the folder in my device. However, I cannot find ie_api.so in python3.8 (I used default python in ubuntu 20.04 LST). I think the installation had some troubles. Any one has successfully installed Openvino and run the code with NSC2?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi BuuVo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you share which python version you are using ?

If possible, could you reinstall OpenVINO toolkit and verify the installation by running demo_benchmark_app.bat demo. The demo is in openvino/scripts/demo folder.

Please share and post any errors you found during installation and verification process here.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
BuuVo
New Contributor I

Hi,

My python version is 3.8.5.

I installed Openvino three times and I got no error. I also verify the installation of Openvino by running benchmark_app in cd ~/openvino/bin/aarch64/Release (Following the instruction of Arm*64 Single Board Computers and the Intel NSC2).

I will reinstall again and run the verification file that you recommended.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Buuvo,

Thank you for quick response. This issue might be due to Python 3.8 version is not fully supported by OpenVINO toolkit. If possible, I would recommend you to use Python 3.7 version.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
BuuVo
New Contributor I

As I mentioned above, if I want to use IECore, I must have ie_api.so. However, I cannot find this file on my device. Follow your answer, should I install python 3.7 and reinstall Openvino again? This may help me solve this problem?

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Buuvo,

I would suggest you to refer the following links. It may relates to ie_api issues.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Distribution-of-OpenVINO/ie-api-so-library-not-compiled/td-p/1131174

https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino/blob/master/inference-engine/ie_bridges/python/README.md

Yes, you should install python 3.7 version instead of python 3.8 version and reinstall OpenVINO toolkit.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
BuuVo
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am successfully install ie_api.so. I found this find in (/openvino/bin/aarch64/Release/lib/python_api/python3.8/openvino/inference_engine/). However, I cannot import IECore in my python code. How can I active Openvino Environment to use IECore lib?

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Buuvo,

If possible, please run the following script:

import sys
from openvino.inference_engine import IECore

ie=IECore()
print("End of test")

If you encountered any errors, please share and post the log terminal here. Please be noted to activate the OpenVINO environment by running setupvars.sh command before running the mentioned script.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
TeohHT
Employee

It work on Python3.8 but when run without "sudo"

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi BuuVo,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Best regards,

Adli

0 Kudos