Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Compilation Error while installing OpenCV with OpenVino

Adavani__Santi
Beginner

I am trying to install OpenCV with OpenVino bindings using installation instructions here on AI Builder colfax cluster.

My cmake command is as follows based on instructions.

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/u15909/local/opencv_intel/ -DWITH_INF_ENGINE=ON -DINTEL_CVSDK_DIR="/home/u15909/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.2.300/deployment_tools/" -DIE_PLUGINS_PATH="/home/u15909/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.2.300/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/centos_7.4/intel64/"  ..

Error from make -j8

[ 71%] Linking CXX executable ../../bin/opencv_test_dnn
../../lib/libopencv_dnn.so.3.4.2: undefined reference to 
`InferenceEngine::Data::Data(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, 
std::vector<unsigned long, std::allocator<unsigned long> > const&, 
InferenceEngine::Precision, InferenceEngine::Layout)'

Appreciate any help in resolving this error.

Thanks

Santi

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

you have to enable C++11: -DENABLE_CXX11=ON

0 Kudos
Adavani__Santi
Beginner

Hi,

I see the same error after enabling C+11. 

../../lib/libopencv_dnn.so.3.4.2: undefined reference to `InferenceEngine::Data::Data(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::vector<unsigned long, std::allocator<unsigned long> > const&, InferenceEngine::Precision, InferenceEngine::Layout)'

0 Kudos
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

First try to make a clean build, if it does not help, please post more information about your configuration: OpenCV version, OpenVino version, OS, platform, compiler, etc.; attach cmake output log during clean build.

Did you use Docker for building? If yes, please attach the Dockerfile.

0 Kudos