Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Connect camera and run model

Abramov__Hanna
Beginner

Hi,

Can you please explain how I can run a model in GPU with camera in real time? I use Open VINO  version : openvino_2019.3.379 for windows.

I want to connect camera and run model in real time.  

Thanks and regards in advance,

Hanna

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi Hanna,

The classification_sample_async application only takes images as an input. We have other demos available that support a camera input. You can specify the camera input with “-i cam” when running the demo. Take a look at the following page for available demos and which models they support.

https://github.com/opencv/open_model_zoo/tree/master/demos

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Abramov__Hanna
Beginner

Hi, 

This is what I got with the command:

C:\Users\USER\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build\intel64\Release>classification_sample_async -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\car.png" -m "C:\Users\USER\Documents\Intel\squeezenet1.1_FP16\squeezenet1.1.bat" -d GPU
[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:
        API version ............ 2.1
        Build .................. 32974
        Description ....... API
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Files were added: 1
[ INFO ]     C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\car.png
[ INFO ] Creating Inference Engine

C:\Users\USER\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build\intel64\Release>

This is the same result on CPU.

What can I do to run the models on GPU?

Hanna

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Hanna,

The classification_sample_async application only takes images as an input. We have other demos available that support a camera input. You can specify the camera input with “-i cam” when running the demo. Take a look at the following page for available demos and which models they support.

https://github.com/opencv/open_model_zoo/tree/master/demos

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Abramov__Hanna
Beginner

Hi Jesus.

About the comand:

Hi Hanna,

I just ran the following command and it worked in both CPU/GPU. Could you tell me which CPU you are using (example. Intel Core i5-6260U)?

classification_sample_async.exe -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\car.png" -m "C:\Users\jesus\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\public\squeezenet1.1\FP16\squeezenet1.1.xml" -d CPU

Could you also share the software version of the following components?

Python

cmake 

Microsoft Visual Studio

Regards,

Jesus

I tried the command that you suggested and  I got the same result as I mentioned in the command before.

My software : Python 3.6.5

Cmake 3.14.7

Microsoft Visual Studio 2019

My hardware: Intel Core i5-8265U

Hanna

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Hanna,

Your last reply does not seem to be related to this thread. You have multiple threads going on, could you update your other thread?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Jesus

0 Kudos
Abramov__Hanna
Beginner

Hi Jesus,

Runing model on GPU forum does not openning: page not found.

Thats why I answer you here.

Hanna

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi Abramov, Hanna,

That is interesting, I cannot open the other thread (Running model on GPU) as well as I receive the same "page not found" error. If possible please open a new thread with the same question you had in that thread so we can help you there, as these are two separate and different issues we don't want to get mixed. This way it's also easier to follow for everyone else looking at them and avoid confusion. 

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos