Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Convert *.pb to IR format from custom Mask RCNN

PIN__LO
Beginner

Dear all,

I am trying to generate IR files for custom trained Mask RCNN model on tensorflow.

Model: Mask RCNN Inception V2

Tensorflow version: 1.12.0

Openvino: 2019.R1

Command used for IR generation:

cd %~dp0
SET MODEL_DIR=model/Mask_RCNN_0612
SET MODEL_NAME=frozen_inference_graph
SET CUSTOM_JASON_PATH=extensions/front/tf/mask_rcnn_support_api_v1.7.json
set CONDA_DLL_SEARCH_MODIFICATION_ENABLE=1
python mo_tf.py --input_model "%MODEL_DIR%/%MODEL_NAME%.pb" --input_shape [1,800,800,3] --tensorflow_use_custom_operations_config "%CUSTOM_JASON_PATH%" --tensorflow_object_detection_api_pipeline_config "%MODEL_DIR%/pipeline.config" --output_dir "%MODEL_DIR%/IR_format" --reverse_input_channels

The error message:

[ ERROR ]  Failed to match nodes from custom replacement description with id 'ObjectDetectionAPIProposalReplacement':
It means model and custom replacement description are incompatible.
Try to correct custom replacement description according to documentation with respect to model node names
[ ERROR ]  Failed to match nodes from custom replacement description with id 'ObjectDetectionAPIDetectionOutputReplacement':
Try to correct custom replacement description according to documentation with respect to model node names
[ ERROR ]  Failed to match nodes from custom replacement description with id 'ObjectDetectionAPIMaskRCNNROIPoolingSecondReplacement':
The predicted masks are produced by the "masks" layer for each bounding box generated with a "detection_output" layer.
Refer to IR catalogue in the documentation for information about the DetectionOutput layer and Inference Engine documentation about output data interpretation.
The topology can be inferred using dedicated demo "mask_rcnn_demo".
[ ERROR ]  Graph contains 0 node after executing <class 'extensions.front.create_tensor_nodes.CreateTensorNodes'>. It considered as error because resulting IR will be empty which is not usual
Exception occurred during running replacer "REPLACEMENT_ID" (<class 'extensions.front.create_tensor_nodes.CreateTensorNodes'>): Graph contains 0 node after executing <class 'extensions.front.create_tensor_nodes.CreateTensorNodes'>. It considered as error because resulting IR will be empty which is not usual

I successfully convert the original  Mask RCNN model to IR format (https://github.com/tensorflow/models/blob/master/research/object_detection/g3doc/detection_model_zoo.md) , using the same command.

I followed the object detection API (https://tensorflow-object-detection-api-tutorial.readthedocs.io/en/latest/training.html) to train my own model. 

I also tried openvino 2020R1  and other json file: v1.7 , v1.11  ,v1.13 ,v1.14, and v1.15. The results are all the same.

The attachment is the frozen *.pb file.

Hope someone can help, thanks a lots.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JesusG_Intel

Hello Lo,

I apologize for the delay. Thanks for sending your files. We are looking into your issue.

Regards,

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello Lo,

I have looked at your modified PB file and noticed that it is much different than the original pre-trained model and that is why it cannot be converted as-is. I have tried many of the .json files provided in openvino/../front/tf and none of them work. I have also tried modifying some of the .json files without success.

There are a couple of other things you can try to see if they help:

1) Try using a later version of Tensorflow to train your model.

2) Follow the guidance for Custom Layers in the Model Optimizer.

Regards,

0 Kudos