Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Convert torchvision models to OpenVino IR

tominator
Beginner

Since the release of torchvision 0.5 all models in torchvision can be exported to ONNX for deployment. This includes models like Faster R-CNN and Mask R-CNN.

I want to convert them into the OpenVino IR but thats not possible. The export to ONNX requires opset version 11. But in OpenVino some operators just support opset version 10.

In the OpenVino Documentation I saw that they just support models from torchvision 0.2.  Are there any updates, when newer torchvision versions and models (like Faster R-CNN) will be supported? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Max_L_Intel

Hi @tominator 

There are some plans to support Mask RCNN and Faster RCNN models from PyTorch/ONNX, however, we can't really comment on this, since this might be a subject to change.

As for the opset-11 support, OpenVINO team is working on adding support for Resize-11. There are some PRs related to this already: operation specification and support for the operation in the Model Optimizer

Please keep an eye on OpenVINO updates related to new features.
Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Max_L_Intel

Hi @tominator 

There are some plans to support Mask RCNN and Faster RCNN models from PyTorch/ONNX, however, we can't really comment on this, since this might be a subject to change.

As for the opset-11 support, OpenVINO team is working on adding support for Resize-11. There are some PRs related to this already: operation specification and support for the operation in the Model Optimizer

Please keep an eye on OpenVINO updates related to new features.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
tominator
Beginner

Hi @Max_L_Intel ,

thanks for your reply.  I keep myself up to date.

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

0 Kudos