Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Deploy object detection ssd async windows

AR92
New Contributor I

HI,

my openvino version is 2020.3.194, i converted my ssd object detection model  to IR successfully, i created a dll file with object detection sdd async sample project  to use in c# application and in my development system(windows 10 CPU) it is working good, i have set all environment variables. 

i tried creating deployment package for another windows 10 machine CPU, with this link  https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_deployment_manager_tool.html , but there is no install_dependencies in the package, i copy pasted package in new machine and  extracted folder in c drive, after setting environment variable i tried running my application but it gives error 

unable to load DLL "object_detection_ssd_async.dll" , the specified module could not be found at Form1.classify_image(....) 

i also tried with a sample hello world dll and that is working fine.

please have a look.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR92
New Contributor I

Hi @Max_L_Intel , 

i am using visual studio 2017

i tried running the sample object_detection_sample_ssd.exe on my target machine and it gives error "msvcp140d.dll was not found" so this file is debug file but i  build the sample in release mode, and mscvp140.dll is allready in the target machine.  

there are also some error in building the project but still it creates exe file

error_object_detection_openvino.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Max_L_Intel

Hi @AR92 

You need to manually include install_dependencies folder (/opt/intel/openvino/install_dependencies) into a deployment package as well, and then on target machine you should install all these dependencies. Deployment Manager prepares deployment package with OpenVINO binaries to deploy on host machines that were already configured with all necessary dependencies.

Thanks.
Best regards, Max.

0 Kudos
AR92
New Contributor I

i dont have "install_dependencies" dir in my openvino directory, one i have under openvino/licensing/ and this directory contains only 3 text file. 

openvino 2.jpgopenvino.jpg

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @AR92 

I apologize for the confusion, install_dependencies is presented for Linux only. On Windows that should be sufficient to set up the environment variables (.\bin\setupvars.bat) and please also include your project files into a deployment package. By default they should be in C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Intel, but please double check on where your project DLL file is located.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

0 Kudos
AR92
New Contributor I

Hi @Max_L_Intel  is it necessary to put dll in deployment package , i have dll and IR files in different folder and my c# application loads dll and IR from there. i also tried with a sample hello world dll, and is working.

i have also created a dll for this sample https://docs.opencv.org/master/db/da4/samples_2dnn_2text_detection_8cpp-example.html

and it requires only opencv so this is working  but object detection with openvino is not working 

i have setup environment variables as 

Path Variable 

Path VariablePath Variable

other System Variables

system vars.png

0 Kudos
AR92
New Contributor I

Hi @Max_L_Intel , 

i am using visual studio 2017

i tried running the sample object_detection_sample_ssd.exe on my target machine and it gives error "msvcp140d.dll was not found" so this file is debug file but i  build the sample in release mode, and mscvp140.dll is allready in the target machine.  

there are also some error in building the project but still it creates exe file

error_object_detection_openvino.jpg

0 Kudos
AR92
New Contributor I

hi @Max_L_Intel 

there was a dll missing

opencv_core430.lib was missing 

but  

opencv_core430d.lib was added

Thanks for the support

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @AR92 

Deployment Manager requires to include all the user data into the package: IRs, datasets, etc. So I think you also need to put DLL file into the package.

Btw how did you create your object detection ssd async DLL file? And what files are you trying to execute? Please provide full command. 
I've just built executable file object_detection_sample_ssd.exe on development machine, put this within the package, and did successfully run it on a target machine, so that works fine for me.

Both opencv_core440.dll and opencv_core440d.dll should be located in <package_dir>\opencv\bin.

0 Kudos
AR92
New Contributor I

Hi, thanks for your reply, yeah its also working now on my target machine, i created object_detection_sample_ssd as dll and opencv_core430.lib was missing , so in my project Properties>Linker>Input>Additional Dependencies i added the library and it worked.

release library was missing. 

thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @AR92 

That's great that you were able to resolve this issue.
Thanks for reporting this back to OpenVINO community!

0 Kudos