Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Docker Openvino c++ compiled code throws bad allocation

ashleysmart
Beginner

Hi,

I downloaded the current windows docker distrubtion of the openvino toolkit and then using choco installed MSBuild, and cmake(and a few other parts like gtest and boost). Once done I created a basic cmake file with some tests ie:

#pragma warning(push, 0)
#include <inference_engine.hpp>
#include <opencv2/opencv.hpp>
#pragma warning(pop)

#include <gtest/gtest.h>

TEST(ThirdParty, OpenCVIsAlive)
{
    std::string opencvInfo =
        cv::getBuildInformation();
    ASSERT_TRUE(opencvInfo.size() > 0);
}

TEST(ThirdParty, InferenceEngineIsAlive)
{
    EXPECT_NO_THROW({
            InferenceEngine::Core core;
        });
}

Much to my alarm the 'InferenceEngine::Core core;' line actually throws a "bad alloaction" execption and the 'cv::getBuildInformation();' aborts(i think).. 

Can anyone explain what i have done wrong? It seems i cant build and link c++ againest the docker installed openvino toolkit?? 

Thanks in advance,
Ash

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ashleysmart
Beginner

For more background: my cmakelist.txt links the opencv and inference engine etc using these lines

set(INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR $ENV{INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR})
set(ngraph_DIR ${INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR}\\deployment_tools\\ngraph\\cmake)
set(InferenceEngine_DIR ${INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR}\\deployment_tools\\inference_engine\\share)
set(TBB_DIR ${INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR}\\windows\\inference_engine\\external\\tbb\\cmake)
set(OpenCV_DIR ${INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR}\\opencv\\cmake)

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

I did a quick check to verify the OpenVINO IECore import inside the docker. 

If everything had been set up properly, it should work without any error prompted (whether in C++ or Python).

You may refer to my attachments.

Any chance that you forgot to run the setupvars.bat?. This initialization script is the one that would link the OpenVINO libraries altogether.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos