Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Downloading models from Public Model Set

Paul__Shovan_Kumar

I would like to download a pre-trained model that can detect human in the images/videos from Public Model Set.

I can see some models in the intel openvino site but those are in the free model set but I am prohibited to use those models for my project.

Could anyone help me to find out a suitable pre-trained model for person detection.

Regards,

Paul

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

OpenVINO provide set of pre-trained models for different use cases through Open Model Zoo component. Open Model Zoo contains two backets of models, one, trained at Intel and other, pre-trained public models, which can be downloaded and converted to OpenVINO IR using a script from Open Model Zoo. Look through Open Model Zoo either in your OpenVINO install folder or directly on github.

Regards,
  Vladimir

0 Kudos
Abhik_B
Novice

Browse to

<install_dir>/deployment_tools/open_model_zoo/model

There you should find 2 directories - intel & public. intel directory contains the models already converted to IR while the public models need to be converted to IR. All the models are pre-trained. "human pose estimation" could be indirectly used as a person detector. 

I hope that helps and all the best for your Edge AI project!

0 Kudos
Abhik_B
Novice

Browse to the 

<install_dir>/deployment_tools/open_model_zoo/models

directory of your OpenVINO installation. There you would find 2 directories - intel & public. The later contains the models you need. Just a guess though - Human Pose Estimation can be used as a Human Detection Model indirectly. 

Hope that helps and all the best with your Edge AI project

0 Kudos