Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

[ ERROR ] Can't find output layer named bbox_pred

lee__Quid
Beginner

ubuntu@ubuntu:~/inference_engine_demos_build/intel64/Release$ ./object_detection_demo_faster_rcnn -i /home/ubuntu/Downloads/5.mp4 -m /home/ubuntu/Desktop/resnet101/frozen_inference_graph.xml -d CPU
[ INFO ] InferenceEngine:
    API version ............ 2.0
    Build .................. custom_releases/2019/R2_f5827d4773ebbe727c9acac5f007f7d94dd4be4e
    Description ....... API
Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Files were added: 1
[ INFO ]     /home/ubuntu/Downloads/5.mp4
[ INFO ] Loading Inference Engine
[ INFO ] Device info:
    CPU
    MKLDNNPlugin version ......... 2.0
    Build ........... 27579

[ INFO ] Loading network files:
    /home/ubuntu/Desktop/resnet101/frozen_inference_graph.xml
    /home/ubuntu/Desktop/resnet101/frozen_inference_graph.bin
[ ERROR ] Can't find output layer named bbox_pred

As you see,so how to solve it,please.

toolkit: 2019R2

model:faster_rcnn_resnet101

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear lee, Quid,

What kind of model is it ? Can you kindly try the SSD Sample instead ?

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
lee__Quid
Beginner

Shubha R. (Intel) wrote:

Dear lee, Quid,

What kind of model is it ? Can you kindly try the SSD Sample instead ?

Thanks,

Shubha

I'm sure I used faster-rcnn-resnet101 and I convert it to IR by faster_rcnn_support_api_v1.14.json.Why should I use SSD Sample.Although it did succeed.

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear lee, Quid,

Glad the SSD sample succeeded for you even though you were using  faster-rcnn-resnet101 . I know this is a weird and confusing state of affairs, but I had to explain this to another Forum Customer recently. If you have any further questions about this, let me know.

It has to do with the message you get from Model Optimizer upon successful conversion. If you see " Detection Output " this means SSD.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Pise__Abhijeet

Hi,

I am getting the same error for object_detection_demo_faster_rcnn.exe with the model from models zoo repo for faster rcnn inception v2. I have converted the model using faster_rcnn_support.json file.

[ ERROR ] Layer bbox_pred not found in network

I am using the latest openvino_2020.2.117 sdk. I was able to run the tests for installation successfully too.

I have already filed 3 bugs for YOLOv3 and FRCNN Inception v2 for custom trained model but no response yet.