Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

[ERROR]OpenVINO Inference Engine ImportError

Li__Gan
Beginner

My environment is Win10x64 Python37 .

The demo_security_barrier_camera.bat is OK.

And I ve already imported openvino and openvino.tools.But i cant import openvino.inference_engine.

------------------------------------------

I ve set path:

sys.path.append('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\IntelSWTools\\openvino\\python\\python3.7')

sys.path.append('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\IntelSWTools\\openvino\\python\\python3.7\\openvino')

sys.path.append('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\IntelSWTools\\openvino\\python\\python3.7\\openvino\\inference_engine')

-------------------------------------------------------

The error code is:

DLL load failed: 

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\python\python3.7\openvino\inference_engine\__init__.py", line 1, in <module> from .ie_api import * File "C:\Users\ROG\Desktop\MYNT\model.py", line 19, in <module> from openvino.inference_engine import IENetwork, IEPlugin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Li__Gan
Beginner

The toolkit is openvino_2019.1.148.

0 Kudos
Li__Gan
Beginner

ToolKit is .openvino_2019.1.148

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Li, Gan,

Glad to see that you are using the latest and greatest OpenVino 2019R1.1.  You should not have to add these :

sys.path.append('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\IntelSWTools\\openvino\\python\\python3.7')

sys.path.append('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\IntelSWTools\\openvino\\python\\python3.7\\openvino')

sys.path.append('C:\\Program Files (x86)\\IntelSWTools\\openvino\\python\\python3.7\\openvino\\inference_engine')

If you run bin/setupvars.bat, simply go into your python_samples directory and run one of the samples - for instance the classification_sample. It should work. One of the many things setupvars.bat does is set the PYTHONPATH variable.

I think maybe you forgot to run setupvars.bat (*.sh).

Thanks for using OpenVino !

Shubha

0 Kudos